Home

Size and strength

This is a discussion on Size and strength within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Size and strength

I was in the 2009 English Draft looking at the Collaboration breakdown and decided to draft the RE from Washington who in the Collaboration is 88 for Undersize/speed. After I signed him, I see his potential is 81. I am the Patriots with DE set to 3/4 Versatile, so I changed it to undersize/speed but he still was 81 potential. I went looking but couldn't find the Collaboration thread, so if possible, it would a good idea if his potential was corrected.

Getting to the topic of this post, the RE from Washington is 6'2" and 295 pounds. 6'2" and 295 pounds but his strength is 65! Yes, 65 and his progression remains at 65 for strength. He has good learning power with 81 rating, so I suspect there is an issue with...hmm...maybe his arms?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Size and strength

If you play a few games I believe the potential will change; I'm not 100% sure since I just roll with the same philosophies for 15 seasons. At the end of the day though, philosophies are just a guide to help you pick players for your system.

Did you check his injury status? That could be the issue.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if his strength was 65. Height/Weight doesn't necessarily imply strength. I've seen some strange players in this game. If he has good speed (in the 90s), he could still have use as a blitzer if you can scheme him as a free runner (a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE). He would not be good as a 3-4 DE.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
If you play a few games I believe the potential will change; I'm not 100% sure since I just roll with the same philosophies for 15 seasons. At the end of the day though, philosophies are just a guide to help you pick players for your system.

Did you check his injury status? That could be the issue.

Although, I wouldn't be surprised if his strength was 65. Height/Weight doesn't necessarily imply strength. I've seen some strange players in this game. If he has good speed (in the 90s), he could still have use as a blitzer if you can scheme him as a free runner (a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE). He would not be good as a 3-4 DE.
He isn't injured, never played a game. I was in the regular season and his potential was 81--I eventually traded him away.

His speed was in the 80's.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
He isn't injured, never played a game. I was in the regular season and his potential was 81--I eventually traded him away.

His speed was in the 80's.
I meant looking at the individual health percentages of his body parts. Lorenzo Spragan of the Zazzali path comes in with 50% health in his legs if I remember correctly.

Anyways, I'd just do some of my own scouting and use the same philosophies.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
I meant looking at the individual health percentages of his body parts. Lorenzo Spragan of the Zazzali path comes in with 50% health in his legs if I remember correctly.

Anyways, I'd just do some of my own scouting and use the same philosophies.
His Strength potential was 65. I find it difficult to believe a RE would top at 65 for strength, but that's what it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
His Strength potential was 65. I find it difficult to believe a RE would top at 65 for strength, but that's what it was.
Cavicchi, the sad part about this game is the size and strength means nothing. I did a thread about this test to prove this fact. I set my offensive line with QB's and removed my lineman. I was able to drive down the field and score a TD on the first series. My QB never was sacked, and my HB did well even when having my o-line of QB's.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Cavicchi, the sad part about this game is the size and strength means nothing. I did a thread about this test to prove this fact. I set my offensive line with QB's and removed my lineman. I was able to drive down the field and score a TD on the first series. My QB never was sacked, and my HB did well even when having my o-line of QB's.
I believe you, and I'm not asking for any extensive data.

It would have been great if this game was developed beyond its final release
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
I can't disagree with this more-size and strength are as important as all the other player grades and ratings.All of them are important in playing the games. A quote from Josh below on the subject of size in gameplay:

Quote:
Size has very little real impact. If their Strength is decent, you should be fine playing your ends in the interim.

JOSH-Size actually is a really big deal in gameplay. Smaller DTs can get pushed around by bigger linemen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »