Home

Tarver or Bomani?

This is a discussion on Tarver or Bomani? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Tarver or Bomani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I'd have to go look at the individual stats for Fitz, but offhand, I'd be playing the following depth chart order (assuming lucas and bellows have been developed near their potential)

Marshall
Lucas
Bellows
Fitzgerald

The game favors tall receivers, and Marshall is one of the best. Lucas is essentially a clone of Marshall only better (a couple minor differences, nothing to write home about). Bellows is just too good not to play even at his height.

I really don't know about fitz without seeing the stats I'd guess that my selection is right though. In the real NFL, Fitz might be the best WR in the game if he had a brady, rodgers, brees, or manning throwing to him... but I've found the the game often underrates players I think should be better (see Ray Rice), etc. Bellows and lucas are better than anybody in the game really has a right to be, and marshall is maybe even a hair over-rated in the game so that's why he's up there with lucas and bellows.
Fitzgerald has the best attributes for Catch, RR, CIT, and I think Jump and Release as well. The only areas he is weaker on is speed, trucking, and I think Carry, areas with real significance. I have him on my team and he is 94 OVL with potential of 95 using Tall Red Zone Philosophy. Marshall is not fully developed and Lucas is a Rookie. I like Bellows in the slot.

Fitzgerald is rated 99 Catch, 99 Release, and either 98 or 99 for CIT, Jump, and RR.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
MVP

Forgot to mention Qusean Mack is coming up in the next draft, and I am not sure what to do. I could get him, but if I did, just don't know where he would fit. I could keep him as number 5 wide receiver....

The other thing is I have Kousins and Goldman at TE and Storm Stewart is coming up in the next draft. I have LeRon James at HB who has one year left on his contract. I am thinking of using Stewart as a HB and RFA James, though I hate to lose James and have him go to one of my Rival teams. I wouldn't mind trading him outside my conference and to any team but the Bucs.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Forgot to mention Qusean Mack is coming up in the next draft, and I am not sure what to do. I could get him, but if I did, just don't know where he would fit. I could keep him as number 5 wide receiver....

The other thing is I have Kousins and Goldman at TE and Storm Stewart is coming up in the next draft. I have LeRon James at HB who has one year left on his contract. I am thinking of using Stewart as a HB and RFA James, though I hate to lose James and have him go to one of my Rival teams. I wouldn't mind trading him outside my conference and to any team but the Bucs.
I tried to trade roddy white (My #4) but nobody wanted him for anything more than a 5th round pick... which is crazy. I probably should have traded him last year when he was my slot guy and racking up the short/medium yardage TDs... At any rate, I was planning on making Mack my #4, and honestly I don't care who my #5 is. I've got two 91 pot players who never see any playing time at #5 and #6 already as it is. I could skip mack and stick with Roddy White and be perfectly happy really though.

Not skipping storm stewart. I plan to do exactly what you do. Stewart is going to become my receiving HB, and while I was planning on keeping LeRon around, if I can get a good trade for him, I'd let him go. My backup HB gets almost no work, even in garbage time. I was keeping michael turner around for no good reason until I realized that, and unloaded him in time to get a 2nd round pick for him.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
I tried to trade roddy white (My #4) but nobody wanted him for anything more than a 5th round pick... which is crazy. I probably should have traded him last year when he was my slot guy and racking up the short/medium yardage TDs... At any rate, I was planning on making Mack my #4, and honestly I don't care who my #5 is. I've got two 91 pot players who never see any playing time at #5 and #6 already as it is. I could skip mack and stick with Roddy White and be perfectly happy really though.

Not skipping storm stewart. I plan to do exactly what you do. Stewart is going to become my receiving HB, and while I was planning on keeping LeRon around, if I can get a good trade for him, I'd let him go. My backup HB gets almost no work, even in garbage time. I was keeping michael turner around for no good reason until I realized that, and unloaded him in time to get a 2nd round pick for him.
Are you going to edit Stewart and make him a HB? You said receiving back, does that mean full time HB or just pass plays?

Speaking of James, I was thinking RFA him but 2012 draft doesn't look all that great.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Are you going to edit Stewart and make him a HB? You said receiving back, does that mean full time HB or just pass plays?

Speaking of James, I was thinking RFA him but 2012 draft doesn't look all that great.
In the english path, the 2009 and 2010 draft classes are the two big ones. you'll make or break your franchise in those two. 2011 has some talent, but nowhere near as much. 2012 and on is very hit or miss... a lot of "this guy would be good except he's too short, or too slow, or too injury prone, or bad at zone coverage, or has a weak throwing arm, etc. etc.", that is a lot of guys who are good but have a glaring weakness. The English path is really front loaded with the ungodly talent. you have to get it early or do without.

and yeah, I was thinking at first about keeping leron for running plays, but really my run game is so infrequent that I'm thinking storm stewart do those as well, as few as they are. it's not like he sucks at them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
In the english path, the 2009 and 2010 draft classes are the two big ones. you'll make or break your franchise in those two. 2011 has some talent, but nowhere near as much. 2012 and on is very hit or miss... a lot of "this guy would be good except he's too short, or too slow, or too injury prone, or bad at zone coverage, or has a weak throwing arm, etc. etc.", that is a lot of guys who are good but have a glaring weakness. The English path is really front loaded with the ungodly talent. you have to get it early or do without.

and yeah, I was thinking at first about keeping leron for running plays, but really my run game is so infrequent that I'm thinking storm stewart do those as well, as few as they are. it's not like he sucks at them.
Are you changing your team philosophy for HB to receiving back or?

I have to tell you that I franchised Brady for 7.93 million before the draft started, and no team was interested! Brady is 98 OVL and 33 years old. I have Jack English so Brady isn't needed. I suppose the AI wants me to keep Brady until he retires, so he retires as a Patriots player. I can't believe no team would be interested in Brady.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
Rookie

I bet it's Brady's price, as other teams take salary into account on trades.

I remember noticing that way back when I first got the game and I found out about doing the antonio gates/tony gonzalez "switch-TE-to-FB then trade for then switch back to TE and trade away" trick to rack up 1st round draft picks during the 2008 off-season. One of them (I forget which) has a 1m/year contract and the other has a 4m/year contract. one of them is a lot easier to find interested teams than the other.

I'm guessing few teams wanted to blow 8m (or had 8m available to them) on Brady.

Or it's possible (especially in the english path) that while several teams may have had 8m in cap space open, many of those teams were already perfectly happy with their QB, and of the few that were interested in someone like brady, none of them could afford thim.

I've seen non-interest in big ovl players several times, and it's usually either a matter of price, personality of the player, or a glut of talent at that position in the league.

As for stewart and hb philosophy, I'm not even sure what I've got it set to right now. I think it's workhorse, which was my original plan for this franchise, but it's morphed away from that and I may be better off setting it to balanced or receiving.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
I bet it's Brady's price, as other teams take salary into account on trades.

I remember noticing that way back when I first got the game and I found out about doing the antonio gates/tony gonzalez "switch-TE-to-FB then trade for then switch back to TE and trade away" trick to rack up 1st round draft picks during the 2008 off-season. One of them (I forget which) has a 1m/year contract and the other has a 4m/year contract. one of them is a lot easier to find interested teams than the other.

I'm guessing few teams wanted to blow 8m (or had 8m available to them) on Brady.

Or it's possible (especially in the english path) that while several teams may have had 8m in cap space open, many of those teams were already perfectly happy with their QB, and of the few that were interested in someone like brady, none of them could afford thim.

I've seen non-interest in big ovl players several times, and it's usually either a matter of price, personality of the player, or a glut of talent at that position in the league.

As for stewart and hb philosophy, I'm not even sure what I've got it set to right now. I think it's workhorse, which was my original plan for this franchise, but it's morphed away from that and I may be better off setting it to balanced or receiving.
I thought it might be Brady's price tag, so I'm going back to the save point and do the QB>>WR>> sign and back to QB and see what happens.

I am going with Balanced for Stewart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »