Home

Position coaches

This is a discussion on Position coaches within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Position coaches

I have been wondering about this for a while but I have not been able to ask it. What are the good or best personalites for the position coaches to keep them on your team and also for them not to leave either? Example Jim Caldwell is one of the best qb coaches in the game and the colts always release him at the end of the season so i pick him up as a qb coach but if i dont move him to offensive coordinator he will leave. So what i do is in the 2009 season i make him offensive coordinator and he doesnt leave for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Position coaches

I Am Lacking In My Skills In Promoting Position Coaches And Controlling The Future Of My Staff And Making Sure I Get The Best. What You Indicated Above Was Helpful.

Can We get A Tutorial Going On this That Can Guide Us Through this process.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

You want to keep an eye out for the unselfish personalities-Guru, Ally, Traditionalist,Loyalist, Captain, Optimist, Analyst, and maybe Anchor. I do know the Stoics will leave once they get built up, so try and avoid them. i try and get my entire coaching staff composed of the following personalities-they're pretty reliable.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

What personalities are those do you like?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz43
What personalities are those do you like?
Well, I like all of those I listed above- I can count on them to stay the entire 15 years. One I omitted-Commander. I'm not especially sure if Commanders are as reliable as the others listed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Rookie

thanks for the advice mrs844224 that will help me out in the long run. What position coaches do you usually get after the 2008 season?

Last edited by ramz43; 12-03-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz43
thanks for the advice mrs844224 that will help me out in the long run. What position coaches do you usually get after the 2008 season?
QBC-Tom Rathman, unless you can get a really good one like the Packers QBC.Dev only goes to 3, but he is the best choice the 1st year.
RBC-Lorenzo Westbrook-performance goes to 4, starts with most advanced RB special skill. i also go with Tom Rathman if QBC is taken care of.
WRC-Brent McDaniel-a real sleeper coach. Perf goes to 4 and most developmental skills to 4 or 5.
OLC-The Raiders will usually fire OLC Tim Cobble and I'll snap him up. Perf to 4, dev to 4 or 5.
LBC-Mike Katkavage to start, unless you can find someone else with a better personality.
DLC-Tim Spangler or if he's available-the 49ers DLC.
DBC-2 choices the 1st year, Dan White and Chipper Duncan. Both are a bit limited in player devolopment, so you might change at some point.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
Rookie

never heard of Brent Mcdaniel. I usually go with mike johnson not to bad but only 3 performence.
qb i wait till i get jim calwell so i can make him my off cord. RB try to get rathman but never drafted westbrook before. OLC i get cobble all the time. lbc i get bruce spanolia until i can get derek brooks gr8 def cord. DLC tim spangler is good and the dlc from 49ers is great. DBC_ i try to get john lynch later but at first jerry smith or something like that. had 3 performence and 4 everything else. Then try and get aaron lee. Robert wyman like to leave to much who you like as a trainer other than lee?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »