Home

Cavicchi's observations thread

This is a discussion on Cavicchi's observations thread within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Cavicchi's observations thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1387sportscraver
Some of that stuff u said is true and I deal with the same issues, here's how I fixed it...... I used sliders! The games not always fair we know that. If you want a somewhat fair game use sliders if not than what's with all the complaints?
What complaints? This thread is about observations, my observations. This game will never play realistically for me regardless of slider set. You cannot adjust speed--and that is very important in football. Speed is not relevant in this game and that's why a CB can have 54 for speed and cover Jamelle Lucas.

I do not see this game playing realistically with any adjustments to sliders that leave out speed, aside from ratings and attribute issues in this game.

In addition, I do not see a football game where CPU can audible and User cannot being anywhere near realistic.

Last edited by Cavicchi; 12-22-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: addition
Old 12-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't see how audibles are even relevant. I don t know about what football you watch, but I've never seen a head coach audible...
Old 12-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

And as for McAllister, you don't have to be faster than the guy across from you to lock him down. Playing man coverage is all about technique, footwork, awareness, and intelligence. Speed has little to do with it. If a cb can reroute a burner receiver even by a step to the sideline, he can then use his body to not let him over the top, and can stay with him stride for stride, because the defender is then dictating the route. No one ever accused Champ or Ronde of being burners. They are intelligent, and have flawless technique. They take perfect lines, and make perfect breaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
I don't see how audibles are even relevant. I don t know about what football you watch, but I've never seen a head coach audible...
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
And as for McAllister, you don't have to be faster than the guy across from you to lock him down. Playing man coverage is all about technique, footwork, awareness, and intelligence. Speed has little to do with it. If a cb can reroute a burner receiver even by a step to the sideline, he can then use his body to not let him over the top, and can stay with him stride for stride, because the defender is then dictating the route. No one ever accused Champ or Ronde of being burners. They are intelligent, and have flawless technique. They take perfect lines, and make perfect breaks.
Now that shows how absurd this game is where one team can audible and the other cannot. Yes, and Head Coaches don't know before the play what the other team has for alignment, how many WRs, etc.

Your QB should be able to audible same as CPU QB.

So you think a CB with 54 speed not only belongs in the game, but should be able to cover the likes of Lucas or Calvin Johnson. Speed is not a factor in this game--and that is not realistic in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »