Home

Balancing Special Skills and Player development

This is a discussion on Balancing Special Skills and Player development within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Balancing Special Skills and Player development

So no one else looks at what the other coaches are doing and plans accordingly. That does surprise me a bit. I've currently got almost all sub coaches at least 4/5 regular skills, maxed player development. I believe all position coaches are 4/5 regular skills as well, plus all special skills.

The thing of it is, I don't want to get to the point of my last dynasty where I got to Year 8 and the other HCs had a substantial advantage in gameplay. Either the Giants had a DC with Improved Defending or the Colts had all the offensive special skills.

I suppose the best thing to do is go with a true Balanced approach-put 4000-6000 points in one special skill, than a equal amount with dev with my HC. I simply don't want to get to the point where I'm still working on basic special skills and other HCs are starting on third level SS.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

Honestly the longest I have gone in one career was 9 seasons and I was starting to be extermly dominate... So I usally just go about 5-6 seasons and then start a new one, because I like to rebuild different teams and try different things with each...

But yeah I see ur point that would be a logically way of doing it, that away u can compete all the way to the end... I never pay atteion really to other coaches but maybe I need to start looking...
Old 01-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I try to get the skills or special skills my coaches want in their philosophies - and also stuff that makes sense for who they are. I don't pay attention to the rest of the league's coaches and what they're taking and let that influence how I'm building my franchise. Coaches out there may max out some skills/specials faster but from a lot of the teams I've seen, few franchises out there come close to matching a human player's roster after a few years while they're out there drafting/trading for sleepers and grabbing free agents and such. Just go with whatever way makes you happy. Just cause you have a ton of points doesn't mean you have to spend them all. Or, just periodically replace coaches with new guys to develop and let your guys move on sometimes.

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 01-25-2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »