Home

No team practices.

This is a discussion on No team practices. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1
No team practices.

The non existence of practices with your players was one definite disappoint when I first got this game. that was easily my favorite part of my head coach 06 careers.

In 09, I've experimented with editing existing plays within a game but never went out of my way to design my own completely created playbook so the other day I decided what the hell. What didnt sit well with me right from the start was that you were editing/creating a play ..on a practice field with your team, the play runs over and over until you manually choose to stop it. head coach 06 could be a painful headache at times especially the practice freeze/bug but if this same environment and mechanic exists in the 09 version it really makes me wonder why practices were removed from it entirely?

NFL head coach 09 as a real time fantasy football mmorpg... custom leagues on various servers. player team(but obviously computer controlled) scouts and gm's battle it out for unlocking more scouting information on certain players making other players have to fill in the blanks or re consider their priorities, having those same advantages/disadvantages to consider come draft day. Obviously bidding wars over free agents and assistant coaches. I know that you can coach online, but not like this. Maybe its a stupid idea but this would have been extreme and endless fun. preparing for a computer controlled team is nothing...another player and their playbooks that you dont really know anything about...is an entirely different entity. thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: No team practices.

It'd be fun to see it online like that, but try getting 32 people together for a draft and weekly games. Still, I'm sure there's a way if people were really into it like a lot of us are. I agree, practices were fun in 06, there was lots of cool things they should have carried over to add to 09. If I win the lottery, there will be a next HC that doesn't skimp. (I loved firing coaches and watching them get all pissed and leave - and I wish they would have put even more emphasis on coach-staff building and all that. I can't believe you have to start 09 with the default coaching staff even with a created coach.) Oh well, 09 is still awesome.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Pro

edward_1385's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree on the practices in 06, they were fun to do... But, yeah I was hoping when the head coach devolpers came onto Madden, the franchise mode would become like head coach, but that doesn't look to promising...

Btw, I still have 06 on orginal xbox and PC, and sometimes I will still play it, nothing compares to the head coach games, they are the best, even they are still buggy...
Old 03-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

In the first NFL Head Coach, you can choose the plays you want to practice, and there was the MONEY PLAY feature to see how the team was prepared for that specific play. But in NFL Head Coach 09, you can only choose the agenda, and that agenda can have a group of plays one week, and another group in the next.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsalover21
But in NFL Head Coach 09, you can only choose the agenda, and that agenda can have a group of plays one week, and another group in the next.
That's not entirely true. It's true that you can't pick multiple plays to practice in one day, but you can pick one individual play to practice. You just can't pick groups of plays to practice at once.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »