Home

Defensive Playbook questions

This is a discussion on Defensive Playbook questions within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Defensive Playbook questions

Guys,

havent been on here in a very long while but got the itch to get back in to the game after quite an absence because I want to put in a defensive playbook that my local team that I play on runs. I got thinking about it and came up with a few things that I cant seem to translate to the field in Head Coach (from memory)

So here goes, if anyone can give me some pointers i'd be extremely happy.:

obviously in the run game, all of the front seven has their gap responsibilities depending on the front and where the TE lines up. Is there a way other than simply lining guys up in the right areas to make this work in the same way in Head Coach?

How do you make your corners press/bump (regardless of zone/man)?

How do you play a single high safety? the only deep zones available are halves/thirds/quarters in the options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Defensive Playbook questions

single high safety makes me think of a cover 1/cover 0. Ive never really put in much time editing or creating my own plays but as far as a single high safety I would think the above play would be a good place to start.

the bump/press option is in the adjustments option once you've called the play. strategy and learning are the two key attributes/skills you want to actually make this effective or else the player you gave this assignment to is not going to do what you want. I'm definitely no expert on this sort of thing so hopefully some one else can chime in and help you.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Defensive Playbook questions

yea, it might take a case of editing existing plays to do a proper cover 1 in the editor.

bump/press I sort of remembered this was an adjustment, but was wondering if this just meant the guys play with a really small cushion or if they actually bump their guy. it would obviously be also useful if i didnt need to call it as an adjustment

im really set on getting all this right as theres not much point to a scheme if it doesnt account for the important stuff (gaps!)
Old 02-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Anyone got any ideas on gaps? Is it just simply physical positioning

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »