Home

YADMR (Yet another Defining Moment Rant)

This is a discussion on YADMR (Yet another Defining Moment Rant) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
YADMR (Yet another Defining Moment Rant)

I've reconciled myself to the injustice done to my approval rating by silly defining moments. Not Important.

But when the DM interferes with my ability to call the game the way I want, well that's just too much!

I put my kicker in to punt on the opponent's end of the field. My regular punter knows he will kick it into the end zone so he fixes that by kicking it out of bound at the 30. If I get one of those silly DMs urging me to go for it on my end of the field, I can't get my punter back in.

I often want to chose from the plays in my gameplan when I accept a challenge to "go for it". Can't do that. Can't sub on the fly. Can't see which plays are mastered. Can't double check the clock, down and distance. YUK!

I had a situation today where it was 4th goal from the 5 with about 35 seconds left. I wanted to look at my gameplan before I called my play. I considered calling timeout after calling the play but I wanted all three TOs in case I didn't make it. I didn't make it, got the ball back for one more shot and that didn't work either.

I seem to recall that you can't call timeout and change a play after a DM. Is that true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: YADMR (Yet another Defining Moment Rant)

My biggest complaint is the amount of a boost or minus you get from them. Is my approval rating really going to drop 20 points because I kick a field goal instead of going for a 4th down in a pre season game?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree - I hate getting those really bad ones, like going for it on 4th down, from my own 25, with a minute to go and a 1 point lead in the 4th quarter. LOL Still, guess it's a part of the game you just live with. (and punt and take the hit)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

Charm and charisma will do a lot to cut into what you lose and boost what you get from defining moments. On bad teams, its almost imperative to either win half your games or have those 2 special skills.

As for the moments, if you're tyring to use a gameplanned play, pick it from the type it is and you should be able to find it. You can call timeout before the ball is snapped but it will be counted as a messed up defining moment and ding you pretty badly.

also, some cities are easier than others to deal with the fans and media. In chicago and new york they dont like it as much when you play conventional, they want you to take risks for rewards. Smaller market teams dont ding you as much when you go the conventional route. Its not gonna be a huge difference from city to city but there is a little from big to small markets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »