Home

What realistic stats look like on this game when you have good sliders.

This is a discussion on What realistic stats look like on this game when you have good sliders. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
What realistic stats look like on this game when you have good sliders.

Heres a link to my google docs drive. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B640...it?usp=sharing

Just open the video, its like 2 mins and 38 seconds, doesnt show all the stats in each category, just enough to give a good idea of what you're gonna get playing a 16 game season on my sliders with my house rules.

For those who dont know what those are, they go as follows;

Sliders for both cpu and human
25 50 50 50 75
50 50 25 50 25
100 75 100 75 50

Penalties
Everything at 100 except holding clipping face mask and defensive pi, those stay at 50. This is so you will see these other penalties once in a blue moon. Finally saw an o pi against the lions, roy williams got in my cbs way for the ball.

House rules
Preseason ONLY CALL UNLEARNED AND LEARNED PLAYS, ALL GAME EVERY GAME(this its to make sure you have a variety of plays to learn when you start game planning for real in the regular season. You need at least 5 plays in each kind of play to be called before you get done with preseason to maximize the efficency of your gameplanning!)

Regular season
Tie game, play call as desired, trying to throw in an unlearned or learned play here or there when you know they will work(IE, versing cover 2 defense, use unlearned inside running plays and draws, they will work if your oline and coaching are good enough)

Up 1-10 points, 1st and 2nd down can NOT BE MASTERED plays. Must be learned or unlearned play. This is to keep games tighter and more challenging and to learn all your plays before the playoffs. If you always use mastered plays, Its cheating! Thats why you always win by 40 points and get 7 interceptions in a game and 3 for tds, etc. NO AMOUNT OF SLIDER TWEAKING CAN FIX A BAD PLAYER. BAD PLAYER DOESNT MEAN YOU CANT WIN, IT MEANS YOU'RE UNWILLING TO LOSE SO YOU ALWAYS USE MASTERED PLAYS, EVERY ****ING PLAY.

Up 11-21, no using mastered plays at all(except for punts and fgs). You are already up 2 scores, Now is the time to develop your playbook and give the opponent a chance to keep the game interesting.

Down 1 point or more, use as many ****ing mastered plays as you want, you're gonna need them on these sliders!

If you play this way, you will have wars. Ive had games where I went 8-8 into overtime, getting only 2 fgs and a safety, giving up a fumble return for td and a 2 point conversion in the 4th quarter and lost 14-8 on a 60 yard catch and run by big game tory holt(lost the save of this game because I forgot to save it that night, lost 3 games played ) Had a game in week 17 go 41-31. Many games will go 28-30 or somewhere around there if you play this way. I only eclipsed 40 points one game this first season.

This makes the game more enjoyable, when you actually can lose, especially when you try something based on conventional wisdom and they trick you like 3rd and 16 and they run up the middle on your dime, get the first.

I'll let the video speak for itself when it comes to the season stats but these are a few highlights. NO QBS WENT OVER 5000 yards(AKA REALISTIC FOR 2009), closest was 4800+, only 9 went for 4000+ if I remember correctly. 4 1500 + yard rushers including my own forte running for 1840 on 350 attempts. Reggie bush stayed healthy and broke the season receptions record with 152(only record broken I think). 3 dlinemen had 15+ sacks(15 16 17 I think).

This was all in the first season. As teams really start to master their playbooks and fix the holes in their rosters, it will play even better... I can also show you the box scores of the games to show how much more fun this game can be when you play realistically and have good sliders.

Last edited by algoody421; 02-18-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »