Home

Can't trade my draft pick

This is a discussion on Can't trade my draft pick within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't trade my draft pick

I have the 4th pick in the 2009 draft and there is no option to trade down

I'd rather have the picks and try to keep building my team anyone have an idea as to what I can do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Can't trade my draft pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmw2

I'd rather have the picks and try to keep building my team anyone have an idea as to what I can do?
If no one wants to trade up, not a lot you can do. Pick at 1-4 and try to trade down later in the draft.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can't trade my draft pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmw2

I've had that problem. Nothing to be done but pick somebody.

You could have tried to trade for a good player the prior summer. Sometimes if you ask for a top player the other team might take your next year's #1 but once you get to the draft it's to late for that option.

You do know that if you take the staff suggestion, you never see the screen that will tell you if somebody wants your pick. If you reject the staff suggestion you will be told if anyone wants to trade for your pick.

If you do have someone who wants to deal you can't be too picky, if they back out or your time runs out there won't be any "overs". Decide what you are willing to take before you start the negotiation.

For example, if you want to dump a high pick but you want a player later in the first round you better have an estimate of how far you can drop down and still get your guy. You don't have time to figure that out once the negotiations start.

I've never had much luck unloading those really high picks but later on I seem to get offers for almost every pick. Once I get to the fourth round I'm shopping for good comparison names or just shooting in the dark. In either case, a 6th is as good as a 4th and two 6th's are better. Sometimes with a 7th they will only sign a 2 year contract so you only have them for 2 years instead of 4 years.

Good luck!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »