Home

NFL Head Coach Series future

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach Series future within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL Head Coach Series future

So with the PS4 being announced, I have no doubt that Microsoft will reveal the Xbox 720 sometime in the near future.

I know this type of topic has been discussed a lot in the past but I think it's time to bring it back up.

Each generation has seen it's own version of NFL HEad Coach (NFL Head Coach for PC, PS2 and Xbox, NFL Head Coach 09 for Xbox 360 and PS3). While yes, the game was released 2 years a part, i don't think this franchise will ever be a 2-year release, but perhaps a once-every generation release.

Will we see the return of NFL Head Coach for the PS4 and Xbox 720? If EA Sports released versions for PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, and Xbox 360, I could put my hopes up for an NFL Head Coach 14 or NFL Head Coach 15 for the PS4 and Xbox 720. If the series returns for the new consoles, i will no doubt buy a PS4 or a 720 solely for NFL Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: NFL Head Coach Series future

I really think if we see Head Coach in any form for the future it will show up in game features that are in Madden.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
I would like to see a new version on the next gen, but I highly doubt it would be profitable enough to even get development ideas. So the best we will get for a new head coach is more aspects of that game integrated into franchise mode.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It would be great to see a future release of NFL Head Coach. 5 years after Head Coach 09 there are still plenty of us still talking about the game. One day we will be rewarded again for our patience. It would be nice for the new release to be playable on the current generation of systems.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I know this type of topic has been discussed a lot in the past but I think it's time to bring it back up.
Hello BSU,

This topic had acres of text in the old EA Sports forum that died a few years ago. My vote is that the next version continues to be more of an omnipotent mind strategy game than a direct-control action game.

And yes, I still play head coach 06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The HC development team was absorbed into the Madden Dev team. There is nobody left to make us an awesome HC game because they're all working on madden's career mode.

You'd -think- that'd give us the best of both worlds, but from what I hear, it doesn't. Madden's career mode is vastly improved from what I've read, but it still isn't to HC levels of awesome.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Rookie

I hope that the features from '09 will continue to be absorbed in future versions of Madden.

I always thought the best way for this series to continue on its own was to have a different release date. Imagine if EA had released Head Coach as its own game during the draft weekend. They would get massive sales from people just wanting to see rookies in the draft.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

For those who do not know Josh Looman was the lead on NFL Head Coach 09, and is now the lead on Madden. Last year I asked him on twitter if we were going to get a full coaching staff in Madden like we did in Head Coach. He responded with "not this year." That gave me some hope for the future of Madden.

Fast forward a year. It is the same career mode as last year, with owner mode added. The EXACT same owner mode that was in Madden 12 and prior. Meanwhile it appears no changes have been made to career mode when you are a coach. Except for more user control with position changes and custom playbooks, which both should have been in last year and the fact that they were not was utterly ridiculous, the mode was left widely unchanged.

I hope the Madden team does not loose their way. People cried and complained about Madden last year because it was unfamiliar. So this year they made it familiar again. Hopefully Madden 26 or 15, whatever they want to call it, will draw more from Head Coach 09 instead of the awful Madden series that has kept us playing Head Coach 09 for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »