Home

Awareness vs. Ball Carrier Vision

This is a discussion on Awareness vs. Ball Carrier Vision within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Awareness vs. Ball Carrier Vision

I can't distinguish between awareness and ball carrier vision when it comes to RB performance. Does anyone know the difference (and how do you know)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Rookie

shadowman's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Awareness vs. Ball Carrier Vision

I'm just speculating but awareness is how well a player knows what he is supposed to be doing, such as taking a handoff a running to the right behind my fullback or pass blocking to the left. Ball Carrier Vision is how well a HB sees the hole, follows his blocks etc.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Shadowman has basically hit it on the nose. Awareness is how they aware they are of the field, such as where he's supposed to go, where the defenders are, what the play is, etc. Ball Carrier Vision is, like it says, the vision of the carrier, such as seeing where the holes are and where he's supposed to go. From everything I've seen, Ball Carrier Vision is more important for a running back than awareness is.

How do I know? I've had running backs with high awareness and low ball carrier vision, and vice-versa, and the back with higher vision always performed better than the one with higher awareness. You could say I know by trial and error, and years of playing and carefully monitoring all the players and stats
Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wonder how ANYONE making Old teams using the NEW ratings system does it..? How would ANYONE know what the blocking footwork would be for the 65 Browns center or the BCV be for a 1950s RB??
Old 05-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K33057
I wonder how ANYONE making Old teams using the NEW ratings system does it..? How would ANYONE know what the blocking footwork would be for the 65 Browns center or the BCV be for a 1950s RB??
I assume there is plenty of footage via NFL Films or TV broadcasts to show this stuff, so the Madden folks look at this and do their best to gauge it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

I've always thought of it like this:
Awareness affects blocking ability and knowing where to be at in terms of running routes and rushing the ball.

Ball carrier vision affects ability to find open holes and read the offensive line to make cuts.

I'm probably not right but that's what I've always thought it was.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #7
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudyinthewaysofJWM
I've always thought of it like this:
Awareness affects blocking ability and knowing where to be at in terms of running routes and rushing the ball.

Ball carrier vision affects ability to find open holes and read the offensive line to make cuts.

I'm probably not right but that's what I've always thought it was.

This is absolutely correct. As such, having a higher ball carrier vision is better than having high awareness, at least for running backs. Of course, if your receivers have both, then you know they are going to be great if they can catch the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »