Home

Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game?

This is a discussion on Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
Rookie

jj06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game?

only time i ever did a full 15 min. quarter game was NCAA 05 or 06 on PS2 i believe..i remember i had LSU and the final score was like 120-30 something. I find that 7 or 8 min. is just fine for me
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Has anyone ever worked out how long 120~snaps would take in terms of quarter length and actual time

Just call me Sanchez
Old 06-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
Has anyone ever worked out how long 120~snaps would take in terms of quarter length and actual time
It shouldn't be hard to figure out. Just supersim a game and count the number of snaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
only time i ever did a full 15 min. quarter game was NCAA 05 or 06 on PS2 i believe..i remember i had LSU and the final score was like 120-30 something. I find that 7 or 8 min. is just fine for me
Yeah, in a Madden or NCAA I usually do 10 minute quarters, but in this type of game, I wouldn't want to do less than the full 15.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
Rookie

lowenstaat's Arena

OVR: 1

I've used 15 minute quarters on every PC and PS2/3 football game I've played over the years, with the exception of NFL Head Coach which only allowed 5 min quarters. When the AI actually manages the clock wisely in a game its an added bonus. When it doesn't, an accelerated clock feature can help mitigate that problem. If there is no accelerated clock feature or its implemented poorly or the AI runs every offensive play 5 seconds after the whistle blew from the previous play, I usually move on.

In NFL Head Coach 2009, I've followed some of the time management guidelines and house rules already discussed in this thread with fairly realistic and enjoyable results.

One of the best clock management features was in Tom Landry Strategy Football Deluxe. Actually, it did not use a running clock, but the player could establish whether to allow a normal amount of time run off the clock, milk the clock, hurriedly call a play, stop the clock (spike the ball), or call time out.

I've also found the game tempo strategy selection in NCAA 2013 (and maybe the previous edition) to be helpful in managing the clock during 15 minute games, though its hard for me to tell if the AI in that game makes use of tempo options.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8

With these sliders I use, I get great scores with 15 minute quarters. The stats aren't all that good though, ESPECIALLY the run game.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

I can get realistic scores, defensive, and rushing stats from 15-minute quarters. The passing stats may be a bit inflated though but hey, things are moving towards a pass-happy league so it's whatever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10

I do play 15-minute quarters. It takes a while though. That's the only knock I have on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »