Home

Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game?

This is a discussion on Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Rookie

deckofcards77's Arena

OVR: 1
Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game?

It seems like an entire 15 minute game for me takes forever and the stats are unrealistic, the QB will end up throwing too many passes. So do you guys play a whole 15 minute game or shorten it? If so, what is a reasonable quarter time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Do you Guys Play a Whole 15 Minute Game?

run the ball 30+ times a game and run the clock every chance you get. When on defense, let the 10 seconds roll off before you select your play. On offense, dont select your play till 15-20 seconds is left on the play clock. Only reason you dont is if the clock was stopped the previous play, then just pick it as fast as you like).

This will Bring stats for passing and receiving to a more realistic number. You have to run at least 20 times a game with your main rb though.

But Ive never played on any other time. In fact, if you lessen the amount of time per quarter, it takes longer to play as the clock wont autowind down after plays.

Also, when a play has ended, but before you pick your next play, dont press anything! This will tick off at least 4 more seconds each time you let the animation happen(like when a rb gets a first down and he starts moving around/dancing, after sacks & tackles, etc). pressing any button skips the animation and loses out on the 5-10 seconds that will tick off before it speeds up and runs 30 seconds or so).

Last edited by algoody421; 03-21-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
Also, when a play has ended, but before you pick your next play, dont press anything! This will tick off at least 4 more seconds each time you let the animation happen(like when a rb gets a first down and he starts moving around/dancing, after sacks at tackles, etc). pressing any button skips the animation and loses out on the 5-10 seconds that will tick off before it speeds up and runs 30 seconds or so).
great point, i do this in any football game i play. on last-gen madden / ncaa games it is the same way. i also didn't call my play before the cpu team calls their play, because then they would break the huddle without enough time running off.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I do play a whole 60-minute game because I enjoy the experience. Setting aside time to do this uninterrupted can be a little hard though.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 AM   #5
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Had the game since the day it came out, never simmed a game (except preseason - and sometimes I play one of those just to make sure the guys I want to get the right amount of time/plays to help make some roster decisions.)

Also, I probably haven't listened to the audio to the game in years... I want to find the voice actor for my DC and throttle him. I just put on the cd player and between the music and the game itself, I'm never bored.

Also, you're sliders make a huge difference in the scores/stats/etc and whether you call the plays or not. Have you checked out the other slider sets?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
Rookie

With good sliders and a few minor house rules, 15-minute quarters does produce some pretty realistic stuff for me actually. I mean I've never even broken the passing record before.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

lowenstaat's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
I want to find the voice actor for my DC and throttle him.
The voice acting is not so bad as the script and coordinator voice placement in the games. What DC would ever tell his head coach, "If we don't make a great play here I'll hold you personally responsible!" Or maybe he's telling that to the defender on the field with the headset in his helmet. I don't know. And what about, "We're just outside range now," when you're running the clock down with the lead at the end of a game?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenstaat
The voice acting is not so bad as the script and coordinator voice placement in the games. What DC would ever tell his head coach, "If we don't make a great play here I'll hold you personally responsible!" Or maybe he's telling that to the defender on the field with the headset in his helmet. I don't know. And what about, "We're just outside range now," when you're running the clock down with the lead at the end of a game?
True, he didn't write the lines, but man, he better stop yelling at me or I'll slap the taste out of his mouth! LOL!!!! 'Course, that's why I never have the audio on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »