Home

most underrated player from 2008 draft

This is a discussion on most underrated player from 2008 draft within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #33
Just started!

AvengeVenger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: most underrated player from 2008 draft

That one linebacker Joey LaRocque - super fast, and really good coverage skills. If you need a good cover linebacker, he's a great one to grab and I see him still there really late in the draft mosttimes.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:16 PM   #34
Rookie

QB: Andre Woodson is indeed a beast at QB. By the second or third season he will be absolutely amazing. Just for a change of pace I am using Josh Johnson in my current Bills franchise and he's a challenge. He scrambles very well and at good times, but far too often when I have engineered a long drive it comes to an abrupt and terrible halt as he throws a pick in the endzone. He's dumb as a rock and has a low learning, so I am sure he will improve in time.

HB: I always have a lot of luck with Jamaal "Truckingham" Buckingham. Sure he looks a little slow at 87 speed and low to mid 80's for agility and acceleration. But once he develops a bit you can watch him take an inside handoff, break 5 or 6 tackles and take it for massive yardage. He also has a mid 70's for catching so he is an okay option in the passing game.

FB: My first year using Carl Stewart so I am gonna see what the fuss is about.

TE: Mike Peterson has amazing speed but his hands are bricks to start with. Given some time to develop he will be amazing.

OG: David Hale is an 89POT at either RG or LG, and I think a low to mid 80's at tackle. His worst position is Center.

OT: Demetrius Bell: Starts out REALLY low, but becomes a very good RT with time.

D-Line: Dre Moore, Athya Rubin, Tony Bake

LB: moving Tony Bake to a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme is interesting.

CB: Zach Bowman, DeJuan Tribble.

S: Kenny Phillips isn't really underrated. He's supposed to be darn good and he ALWAYS performs like a boss for me.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:41 AM   #35
Banned

yes,It takes him 2 years to really be the beast he is(aka the start of the 2nd season) because his learning is low, but once he learns the plays, your offense has a legitimate option at fb for running and receiving. He's also a beast as a 2nd kick returner. If you kick to him he runs through people, if you kick to the #1 returner, you have an amazing impact blocker as a lead blocker...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #36
Rookie

Burger5204's Arena

I always love using Carl Stewart. In the first year, I use him as a power back complimentary to the speed backs I have.

Josh Johnson also takes a long time to come on his own. Just have to be patient with him.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #37
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger5204
I always love using Carl Stewart. In the first year, I use him as a power back complimentary to the speed backs I have.

Josh Johnson also takes a long time to come on his own. Just have to be patient with him.
Yeah, Carl Stewart doesn't have the bulk I like for a FB, so I just move him to HB and he does pretty well.

Whenever I see Josh Johnson and Andre Woodson on the board after round 3, I'm faced with a difficult decision if my team doesn't have a long-term option at QB. Oh who am I kidding? I usually draft one of them whether or not the team has a good starting QB.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #38
Pro

Chris Horton. Can get him in like the 6th round and makes more plays than any other DB I have played with (besides maybe Antonio Boxx). I play a custom 3-2-6 and he is always in zone coverage. I supersim most of the game and play the last couple minutes and he always seems to make plays on the ball. Always gets some deflections or interceptions while I play.

2008: 2 int
2009: 5 int, 1 pick six
2010: 9 int, 1 pick six
And got a pick six in first game of 2011.

Some of this might be that I have all the defensive special skills, have Gary Hammermill as my DC (have gotten him all of the base defensive special skills), and Mel Phillips as his DBC who has all the DB special skills.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:29 AM   #39
Rookie

I like Jonathan Hefney a FS that is never drafted. His potential is in the high 70's but he's fast and has very good zone and man coverage skills.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiefrog
I like Jonathan Hefney a FS that is never drafted. His potential is in the high 70's but he's fast and has very good zone and man coverage skills.
I usually pick up Hefney as a UDFA as well. Good backup that can play any position.

Chevis Jackson is another gem. His coverage is only like 80 but he has a 90 catch rating so if you put him at nickel or your 4th DB if you play a 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 type defense he grabs a lot of picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »