Home

most underrated player from 2008 draft

This is a discussion on most underrated player from 2008 draft within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
most underrated player from 2008 draft

I am wondering who is your most underrated player either on the defence or offence or special teams? Mine is David Vobora from idaho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: most underrated player from 2008 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy2042
I am wondering who is your most underrated player either on the defence or offence or special teams? Mine is David Vobora from idaho
I'll go with Vobora as well. He can be a 82-83 Balanced overall player with the right player development, and OLBs can be very hard to find in some paths as well.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Carl stewart, hands down the most underrated/underappreciated player in the 2008 draft. I draft him in the 6th if I actually redo the draft(which I dont anymore). But you can easily let him slip to undrafted fa.

He's capable of taking an fb dive the distance at any distance. He turns pa passes where the fb goes to the flat or circle routes into easy first downs(once he learns them) and possible tds. He's an amazing blocker, and he's easily the most athletic fb in the game except VERY few fbs in the fake drafts.

It takes him 2 years to really be the beast he is(aka the start of the 2nd season) because his learning is low, but once he learns the plays, your offense has a legitimate option at fb for running and receiving. He's also a beast as a 2nd kick returner. If you kick to him he runs through people, if you kick to the #1 returner, you have an amazing impact blocker as a lead blocker...

Last edited by algoody421; 04-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with Stewart. He also makes a great running back.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
Rookie

bblack1207's Arena

I Also Agree On Carl Stewart-FB. Very Dependable And I Have Seen Him Go For My Whole Coaching Career And Be Productive. Very Good Goal Line Back Pile Driving Through The Middle And Catching The Short, Quick Pass Around The Goal Line.
Next I Would Say:
Offense - Josh Johnson-QB
Defense - Tony Bake - DE/OLB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

I like Carl Stewart but mine has to be Alex Brink. If you are in need of a QB he is your guy...depending on the coaching staff I guess but he can progress fast and be a solid QB in a year or two...at least thats how it was with the Patriots.

Defense...I will go with DT Smithers. He is a beast and will develop fast with playing time. I dont like Vobora though. He never seems to pan out for me. His LRN is too low and without being the perma starter he seems to fall to the wayside.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

DMason084's Arena

OVR: 9

I'd have to go with WR Kevin Robinson. He's a good #3 option in a West Coast offense (Tall/Red Zone) and has the potential in a couple seasons to be the go-to guy. It's just a matter of getting the right coaching staff to help develop him like with Stewart or Smithers.

On the topic of Stewart, I've actually got more out of him with the Broncos by moving him to HB, allowing him to tag-team with Mike Bell and Selvin Young/Xavier Omon (depending on if I keep Young or trade him) as Workhorse backs. I've never thought to put him as the 2nd return man during kickoffs, but it makes sense to do so.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

QB josh johnson
DE tony bake
K alexis serna

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »