Home

What do u hate the most when playing HC

This is a discussion on What do u hate the most when playing HC within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 AM   #41
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: What do u hate the most when playing HC

The defining moments that hit when you're up 7 with under two minutes left. It's 4th and 6 I'm at my own 45, what coach in his right mind is going for it there?

PSN: dsavbeast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 PM   #42
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I definitely hate the lack of audibles... I can put up with a lot because I love the game and there's nothing else like it... but it's tough when they audible and there's nothing you can do. (except waste a time out and hope they don't audible again.)

They definitely could have polished the game a bit so Peyton Manning isn't covering kicks and lining up as a TE3 because they didn't have one... games where I'm up by 1 or 2, 4th quarter, 4th down, I'm on my 35 and they want me to go for it... running up behind a guy to tackle him, having his ankle blow my defender away like it's a shotgun blast AND we get a facemask called on it... little things like that... LOL

Oh well - we've all been dealing with it since day one... just gotta roll with it.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

The way I look at it, there are many things I would change in the game to make it better however, the fact is that it is a game that is over 6 years old that I still love to play and is the best football sim there is still to this date. I would take it over any Madden or anything else that has been made. It is a true gem and we are all spoiled.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

If I'm ahead, at the end of each half, the CPU goes into hurry-up mode. If I call for a dime package and they complete the first down, my defense immediately goes into a 4-3 package whereby my corner backs decide to become linebackers. I don't even have the slightest idea what play they're running. Leaves a lot of wide open slot receivers to run free.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:44 AM   #45
Rookie

1. No audibles
2. No coaching pool to look at. I really feel so blind going into coaching hiring because I have no idea what anybody does or their potential easily
3. Inability to make FA signings without having to have it shown to you in clipboard
4. Creating new coach sends old coach into oblivion
5. Teams that give out terrible contracts making them impossible to do anything with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #46
Just started!

My first post - and I love this topic! I predominantly play the 06 PC version, and while I love it (warts and all) one thing has always driven me nuts - the play designer.

I HATE the play designer. You can't add new plays to an existing playbook, the options for each player are limited (want to design a play-action run for your QB, but don't have a PA run in your playbook already? HC 06 says screw you!)... I'm a software developer by trade, and to me the play designer screams out "last minute afterthought". I've given up using it.

That being said... I still play this game. A lot. The sliders make a world of difference.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:38 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
The defining moments that hit when you're up 7 with under two minutes left. It's 4th and 6 I'm at my own 45, what coach in his right mind is going for it there?
I usually don't get Defining Moments when I'm up 7. It's usually more when the score is even or you are behind. You will get some for keeping the lead, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »