Home

2013 Post Draft Roster Update ( Xbox 360 )

This is a discussion on 2013 Post Draft Roster Update ( Xbox 360 ) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2013 Post Draft Roster Update ( Xbox 360 )

Ok so I did a little testing of my own today regarding players Over All Rating and found something very interesting.

I used Joe Flacco for this test and compared a few things vs Madden.

In Making my roster update I ported over everything from Madden 13.

Every attribute from Madden copied over perfectly. Except the players Over All Rating.

In Madden Joe Flacco ended the season with a 93 Overall.
When ported over in to Head Coach he is a 78 over.
Everthing else matches perfectly. Arm Strength, Awareness, Speed ...everything.

So I took and made Joe Flacco with all attributes maxxed to 100.
Loaded him back into Head Coach and what did I find ...
His over all only increased to 81.
I went back and added 5 years to his experience to see if that would have any effect on his over all rating and nothing. Made him a 15 year vet and his over still did not change.

There are certain attributes that can not be adjusted.
Intangibles, Potential, Stamina, Toughness, Injury
I believe Intangibles and Potential play parts in the Over All rating of a player and are built directly into the game and not the roster itself.

So here is my belief. Certain things are Hard programmed into the game that effect the players over all rating. Its probably done to enhance the playing experience and to force you to develop the players more.
I would say in looking at a players rating look more at the physical attributes and not the over all.

I uploaded the Flacco File so if anyone wants to see how little making someone a perfect 100 in attributes effects their over all rating.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irihzfzeu00glqw/FlaccoTest

Hope this helps in understanding where the over all rating of a player really comes from
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavadub12
I got 2 questions. First is it possible to adjust the qbs from the 4 draft paths to make the speedster ones have a scramble philosophy? Second would it be possible to do the four draft paths like the zero guys roster? Would be cool to just have randomly generated draft classes
Are you talking players from my current roster or players from the game generated draft classes.

I can only adjust those that are from my roster update and not those that come from the draft classes.

There is a feature on the Madden Editor for draft classes but crash everytime I use it. I will continue to work with it but I beileve draft classes are hard programmed into the game.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 1

xCAGEx, I've been playing with the roster editor for a while, so I have a couple questions for you:

1) Were you able to update the LRN attribute? That is the one attribute the editor hasn't allowed me to edit. Every time I do in the raw data, it reverts it back to the default.

2) Did you update the max potential score for each attribute? Again, I tried to do this in the editor, and it won't take.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #28
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
xCAGEx, I've been playing with the roster editor for a while, so I have a couple questions for you:

1) Were you able to update the LRN attribute? That is the one attribute the editor hasn't allowed me to edit. Every time I do in the raw data, it reverts it back to the default.

2) Did you update the max potential score for each attribute? Again, I tried to do this in the editor, and it won't take.
Same it wont let me change any of those settings... I think that is playing a part in the players over all ratings not matchup with Madden...

I have different editor Im gonna play around with and see if it will let me change those settings.

Let you know what I find
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #29
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Working on another update...
Fixed glitch with players having 1 black shoe and 1 white.
Fixed other cosmetics.
Fixing Contract issues with Joe Flacco and Career Mode

Check 1st post most up to date roster....

Should be up in the next hour
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #30
Rookie

James2theZ's Arena

OVR: 0

I am lost on how to obtain your roster. I have succesfully got 2 other rosters to work for "Rondo" and "Omega". The file you provide comes up as an "invalid package" when trying to open in Modio. The file must be corrupt, or I am lost. Got the other 2 to work in 5-6 mins from not even having a single program downloaded yet. You seem to be putting the most work in, so I am excited to see your roster. Please Help!?
Old 05-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2theZ
I am lost on how to obtain your roster. I have succesfully got 2 other rosters to work for "Rondo" and "Omega". The file you provide comes up as an "invalid package" when trying to open in Modio. The file must be corrupt, or I am lost. Got the other 2 to work in 5-6 mins from not even having a single program downloaded yet. You seem to be putting the most work in, so I am excited to see your roster. Please Help!?
NFl Head Coach 09 ( Xbox 360 )
You will need a usb flash drive
Horizon Software ( Google )

On Head Coach create a roster save on your USB flash drive
After creating plug usb flash drive into pc
Open Horizon, Horizon should auto detect your flash drive
On the right side of Horizon you should see flash drive
Under game - Head Coach - Your Roster Save
Click on your roster save and new window opens
Click on Content - Then right click on your roster save - click replace - select the new roster update - then save, rehash and resign botton
Plug usb flash back into xbox under "My Coach" then "FILE MANAGEMENT" load roster save.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #32
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

Ok discovered the issue with certain players disappearing and then re appearing in Preseason -
When the game was created certain players where rookies then ( Joe Flacco , Ray Rice, for example )
It is part of the programming that requires you to negotiate there rookie contracts. No matter what age I make them or years of experience they have, the game is programmed to seek them out and have you negotiate there contract...

It's also a factor in their overall ratings being so low... The game still believes they are rookies

Looking for a work around and may have one but in the mean time keep that in mind when starting a career

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »