Home

Roster Update Question for PS3 Users

This is a discussion on Roster Update Question for PS3 Users within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2014, 06:02 AM   #113
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Roster Update Question for PS3 Users

Sounds good man

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Loaded up the default rosters, started a new game and then loaded the new rosters with a pre season start. Unfortunately it's with the Same results. Game loading stays stuck in the loading screen.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #115
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Damn man. I don't know what to tell you. I am stumped

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #116
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Hey jlech, I have a couple things for you that i feel need to be addressed in the next update. Number one is the Tampa Bay Buccs. They seem to win without having much talent, is it maybe the coach model used? Like in the default rosters they dominate the first couple years, then they drop off, it's happening again. I see that Love Smith is using the Jon Gruden model, could that have to do with it? I am just curious cause there are teams that should dominate who aren't and trans who should not that are and that's year one. Street 2-3 years i expect to see different teams winning but the 1st couple it should be the actual dominant teams,ie 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, patriots, Broncos, etc.

Number two is something that o have seen an awful lot so far. Players skin color is of four a few, i know it's a tiny thing but it means that your rosters are so good that we don't have big issues with them. Lol

Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #117
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Damn man. I don't know what to tell you. I am stumped

Thanks for your help anyway! I will keep looking to see of I can find a solution or I will wait for the next update and see if that will work.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #118
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Hey jlech, I have a couple things for you that i feel need to be addressed in the next update. Number one is the Tampa Bay Buccs. They seem to win without having much talent, is it maybe the coach model used? Like in the default rosters they dominate the first couple years, then they drop off, it's happening again. I see that Love Smith is using the Jon Gruden model, could that have to do with it? I am just curious cause there are teams that should dominate who aren't and trans who should not that are and that's year one. Street 2-3 years i expect to see different teams winning but the 1st couple it should be the actual dominant teams,ie 49ers, Seahawks, Packers, patriots, Broncos, etc.

Number two is something that o have seen an awful lot so far. Players skin color is of four a few, i know it's a tiny thing but it means that your rosters are so good that we don't have big issues with them. Lol

I think part of it is the "model". The Cover 2 Defense is the best in the game for 2 reasons. 1) Small playbook means it is learned faster and players are more effective. 2) The passing game is tuned a little too high (in comparison to the run game) in Head Coach. The Cover 2 Defense is most effective against the pass because it limits long gains. It is most susceptible to a power run game which the CPU doesn't take advantage of enough.

I can make some more playbook changes and that should help. In the forum I posted a detailed study of how each playbook works and it has changed my opinion of which ones should be used and are most effective.

For Skin Color I got this directly from Madden. I am pretty sure they have more options now and it is why some players look off. If there is a list of players who need fixing I could try that.

Let me know if you find anything else. This combined with changing coaching personality types should really help overall.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #119
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Sounds good man. I will keep an eye out. I know the option does work, so that's big. At least for me. Also like burnum pointed out, the coaches do get fired too soon. The Raiders have had a new head coach each year so far and Zimmer, Lovie, Fisher, and Reid have left every year. I hate that because they leave after a winning season. Also I saw a lot of one and dones at had coach. Turnover is crazy. If anything i have an advantage in coaching staff because of my house rules of no firing coaches and these other teams let their coaches go and sign the unproven coaches who come from college and don't have the ceiling the other coaches do.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #120
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Oh and Jamaal Charles is missing his face mask on his helmet. Also the three players i have noticed with skin issues are CB Mike Jenkins (he is white in game)on the raiders, QB Russell Wilson (he is black) and TE Jimmy Graham (he is black).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »