Home

holy DBs in english path

This is a discussion on holy DBs in english path within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

OVR: 1
holy DBs in english path

I kind of wished I had done my research on this path before I started it since I made several acquistions to shore up my secondary before the draft. I always tended to avoid this path because of the stockpiles of talent it offers and didnt want to feel cheap.

I literally paused, hit start, paused, and made notes about who I was going to take first, riley, barkley, SS from northwestern, bishop? I think was his name who was compared to rodney harrison. there was also a FS that was compared to brian dawkins from oregon state.

I took riley 1st overall, I figured he was the better pick since I blitz all day long so I needed a lock down corner rather than a safety. barkley kept falling so I thought I might actually have had a shot at taking him but he ended up going 2 places before I was on the clock again so I grabbed this bishop kid. traded up since I didnt have a 3rd round pick and the kid from oregon state was there and grabbed him too. both of these safties have a hit power at around 80+ I believe, I cant wait to watch them annihilate those middle of the field tight end routes the computer loves to run

I guess this gives me freedom to shore up other areas but having riley and justin bowers in the same secondary I just might have to take bowers anyway if hes there. Having this kind of secondary will help me forget not having the linebackers from the sweetney path. oh this is gonna be some fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: holy DBs in english path

I've never gotten any really good corners through the draft but who would you say is the best?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

This is really my first experience with this path but I understand Adrian Sessions in year 3 of the english path is also one of the better corners you come across but Riley...oh my god, he is easily one of the best corners in the game from any draft path. Hes capable and/or even better as a safety. I have a crappy defensive backs coach with nothing in player/learning development and riley is constantly on receivers like glue. 3 interceptions, 2 of those returned for touchdowns just in the pre season.

Other corners that come to mind are DeAndre miles and bobby bailey. Miles is in year 4? i think of the sweetney path and bailey is in year 3 or 4 of the english path. I've had pretty good results with no name corners that are already in the game like Anwar phillips, Demario minter, Dejuan Groce, Markus Maxey. Their learning is a bit low but have high man/zone coverage ratings. Anwar Phillips especially had 6 interceptions the first year I had him under the man coverage-ballhawk philosophy
Old 12-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
Rookie

In using I think the 5'11 99 speed guy as a nickel from MSU.

And the 6'3 undrafted CB as a 4.

I prefer not to go young with CBs as the player rec and awareness is too important plus missed assignments in secondary is death.

I'm using Asante and Cromartie. Both are pretty good
Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCJR4LIFE
In using I think the 5'11 99 speed guy as a nickel from MSU.

And the 6'3 undrafted CB as a 4.

I prefer not to go young with CBs as the player rec and awareness is too important plus missed assignments in secondary is death.

I'm using Asante and Cromartie. Both are pretty good

Only exception I made was getting Bowers. Crazy talent with Ed Reed like ability
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Rookie

browns_nation's Arena

the lack of awareness and play recognition hurts but I like the challenge to see just how much and how well I can develop a no name corner like anwar phillips. His awareness is around 48 but he has been outstanding for me in the 3 years Ive had him

Im really trying to land a good defensive backs coach and max out intangibles if that coach doesnt have it already.

and I lied, bobby bailey and deandre miles are both in year 4 of the sweetney path.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »