Home

2014 Dolphins GM Career

This is a discussion on 2014 Dolphins GM Career within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 Dolphins GM Career

Not a bad draft considering where you started.

Have you ever had Jared May before?

Do you think Tannehill can become a pro bowler?
Old 03-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #10
Rookie

xCAGEx's Arena

OVR: 2
2014 Dolphins GM Career

Just one question. Did you notice any thing off with your coaches. I know this roster has my updated coaches and would love any feed back .. Hate to see first year coaches like Lovie getting canned but don't think there is anything I can do to stop that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx
Just one question. Did you notice any thing off with your coaches. I know this roster has my updated coaches and would love any feed back .. Hate to see first year coaches like Lovie getting canned but don't think there is anything I can do to stop that.

One thing I've noticed when moving coaches to other teams is they have a 0 rating from the owner. You can edit the GM and other coaches approval but not the owners.

The only way around this is to keep the PNId (coach ID #) with whatever team the original roster had. For example you would give Lovie Smith Gruden's coach ID instead of the one he has with the Bears.

The problem with this is the ID is the link for coach skills and special skills. You can edit the coach skills but the special skills are stuck to whatever ID it was originally assigned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlech1805
Not a bad draft considering where you started.

Have you ever had Jared May before?

Do you think Tannehill can become a pro bowler?
Not sure about Tanny, that's why I brought in competition. He has all the tools but somehow struggles to put it all together when it matters (like in real life so far).
After preseason I think Jared May looks more like a very good backup & emergency starter. He has 87 OVR potential (Pure Passer philosophy) but doesn't have the arm strength you look for in a franchise QB.
Right now I'll continue with Tanny as my starter and see how he develops with a full season of playbook knowledge. This is a make-it-or-break-it season for Ryan Tannehill.

The only sure-fire top QB in the draft was Luke Rambis but my house rules (can't use 'trade up' button) prevented me from getting him. He went to my divisional rivals from Buffalo at #1 overall so I'll have a hard time gameplanning against him...
Old 03-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCAGEx

Lovie Smith and Jeff Fisher didn't get canned, they resigned on their own.

After limited testing (one season in this save plus another 3 seasons in another test save) I think I really like your coaches file so far. The unlocked potential makes it more valuable to start developing your own (default) coaches right away and you don't have to tank the first season because of bad coaching (e.g. when your DC had 'Performance' capped at 2). Plus, in the new coaching file the OVR ratings for coaches seem to be slightly higher than in the default file. This makes it harder for those custom-made coaches (Hammermill, Gen. Sanders, Widebacker, etc.) to break into the head coaching ranks. In my current game Gary Hammermill was signed by Green Bay as a DC after remaining unsigned during the HC and OC hiring periods.

If you want me to do I could keep you updated on the coaching carousel in this save.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:20 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Lovie Smith and Jeff Fisher didn't get canned, they resigned on their own.

After limited testing (one season in this save plus another 3 seasons in another test save) I think I really like your coaches file so far. The unlocked potential makes it more valuable to start developing your own (default) coaches right away and you don't have to tank the first season because of bad coaching (e.g. when your DC had 'Performance' capped at 2). Plus, in the new coaching file the OVR ratings for coaches seem to be slightly higher than in the default file. This makes it harder for those custom-made coaches (Hammermill, Gen. Sanders, Widebacker, etc.) to break into the head coaching ranks. In my current game Gary Hammermill was signed by Green Bay as a DC after remaining unsigned during the HC and OC hiring periods.

If you want me to do I could keep you updated on the coaching carousel in this save.
Yeah it would be great to see how often coaches move around.

I have a custom file I am about to release as a challenge for all those out in head coach land and found a few ways to make sure coaches don't move around too much, but any additional insight would be great.

As for your QB situation, I've had Rambis and he has been so-so. Looks like you'll have to wait a few years to find a true franchise guy.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlech1805
As for your QB situation, I've had Rambis and he has been so-so. Looks like you'll have to wait a few years to find a true franchise guy.
That's what I like about this save. We all have played countless games on HC09 where we drafted the first top-notch QB that came along (English, Morrow, Zazzali, Kain, Rambis, even Scotland). Those guys instantly turn your team into contenders. That's the exact reason why I put those strict house-rules in place - to prevent me from getting those top rookies too easily by trading multiple picks or average players for high picks.

About Luke Rambis: I remember an earlier game where I drafted him and he was great. Immediately turned my team into a Superbowl contender and threw for 5000+ yards almost every year. Let's hope he doesn't do the same for the Bills in my current save... ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
Pro

Miami Dolphins Opening Day Roster, Season 2:

Offense:
QB Ryan Tannehill (86)
RB Jamel Keddington [R] (79)
WR1 Mike Wallace (87)
WR2 Brian Hartline (84)
WR3 Brandon Gibson (80)
TE Charles Clay (81)
LT Bryant McKinnie (91)
LG Nate Garner (81)
C Mike Pouncey (91)
RG John Jerry (82)
RT Tyson Clabo (93)
key backups: QB Jared May [R], RB Lamar Miller, TE Kemba Burrough [R], OL Jonathan Martin

Defense:
LE Cameron Wake (92)
DT Randy Starks (89)
NT Paul Soliai (89)
RE Dion Jordan (85)
LB Dannell Ellerbe (85)
LB Jayshawn Ralls [R] (81)
SS Eric Reid (78)
SS Reshad Jones (86)
FS Chris Clemons (84)
CB1 Brent Grimes (89)
CB2 Nolan Carroll (81)
key backups: DE Aaron Maybin, DE Olivier Vernon, DT Jared Odrick, LB Philip Wheeler, LB Manti Te'o, LB/S Jelani Jenkins, CB Alfonzo Dennard, DB Devin McCourty

Special Teams:
K Caleb Sturgis (85)
P Brandon Fields (90)
KR/PR Devin Hester (95)

To summarize, I think our Defense & Special Teams look pretty good but the Offense lacks depth and our O-Line in getting old.

Coming Up:
Midseason Report and early rookie class preview

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »