Home

Long vs. Campbell

This is a discussion on Long vs. Campbell within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Long vs. Campbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back9cgs
It really depends on what you want from your DT. Moore is a good DT if you want him to plug the run but he is not a one-gap pass rusher. In fact, he would be terrible at that. So he may be a 90 based on your scheme choice for your DT's but if you change him to being a one-gap rusher he wouldn't even be average. Keep that in mind.

I want Moore to get more than 12 tackles a season. I guess with him playing next to Dorsey, there's not much he can do if Dorsey does it all. It's just disappointing to look at the stats after each game and just seeing Moore with zeroes straight across, games after games.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #10
Rookie

I've used Calais Campbell a couple of times in my Head Coaching careers and employ a 3-4 zone blitz scheme. As a RE he is terrible and hardly shows up in any game. Oddly though he does progress nicely and at the time he needs to be resigned he wants a ridiculous contract. Of course I am also coaching my games and not simulating them so there might be the difference.

I've never taken Long so I can't comment on him.

Tony Bake can play just about anywhere on the D-line and do well. I am experimenting with him being an LOLB in my current season because I have decent players along the D-line with Dre Moore at LE, Marcus Stroud would be my starting DT but he is out for the year with a torn ACL, so Athya Rubin is stepping in and playing well, and then at RE I have Aaron Schoebel. All of those guys have higher starting and around the same or better POT than Bake. Bake's coverage skills are horrible obviously, but he's actually picked off a pass and he has a few sacks on the year and I am only through game 7 of my first season.

I have Terrell Suggs as my ROLB and boy am I disappointed. He's stuffing the run incredibly well and leads the team in TFL, but he has a whole 2 sacks on the year. It seems like every time he rushes the passer he gets blocked at the last second, or somebody else sneaks in and gets to the QB before he gets there.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Stroud will be healthy for about 2 games a year so I would dump him as soon as you can. Moore & Rubin are more nose tackle type DT's and can fill in admirably without him so no real loss there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 01:37 AM   #12
Banned

Ive never had long, goes too early and costs too much. Campbell goes early in the 2nd and is very good for what he is, a run stopping end. Like Im not sure thats the right philosophy, but I just mean he's not a sack master. In fact, no one in this game is a sack master.... at re. Its almost impossible to get consistent rush on that side.

But the next year, if you get the ozzie jones draft? DOKI SOMANU! 6'9(maybe 8) LE, can easily break the sack record on standard sliders with a good enough coach and right play calls. You cant throw to your #1 wr if hes a 43 le. I havent tried him in the 3-4 but with my new desire to play again. i think Im gonna try and get campbell and doki together in the 3-4 and wreak havok on the oline. Just need a nose tackle.

Side note, sliders are saved under profile. When you change the sliders, you just have to save the profile. If you save it once, every time you start a new one will start with those. I highly suggest Algoody's sliders. They make for very accurate stats over an entire season. You may still have a game where someone gets 2 or 3 interceptions but over the season no one gets more than 9(on defense). Good qbs dont throw too many if they have talent and coaching.

But on default sliders, EVERYONE can go undefeated every season. On good sliders, you at least have the chance to lose if you dont call a ridiculous game(only mastered plays).
Old 10-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
that's pretty tough because I'd use them way different. Campbell has the size to be a 3-4 end, while Long is strictly a 4-3 end... They both should be top 5 picks but of course most people sneak Campbell in round 2. I prefer a 4-3, so I prefer Long, although taking Campbell as the Texans and putting on the other side of Mario Williams is pretty awesome - a pair of monster-sized ends like no other team in the league...
I would say that the only better pair of monster-sized ends is getting Calais Campbell and Chris Long!

They both have over 75 sacks for me through 2013. The lowest amount of sacks that either has gotten for me in a season is Calais got 9 last year. I play in a 3-2-6 defense. They are both constantly making plays.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #14
Just started!

Prineblake1's Arena

Campbell is light years better than Long. Better run stuffer, harder to move off the ball, can play DT or DE, and cheaper at first. I could keep listing reasons.

If your smart trade your top 4 pick for a 1st, 2nd, and some later or future picks. Get Campbell in the 2nd and DT Rubin in the (5th). Both great and amazing DT tag team.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:38 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Campbell is an absurdly good DT, especially as a 3 Tech, get up the field pass rusher. I wouldn't keep him at RE in many schemes because he is so valuable elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »