Home

Draft Stategy

This is a discussion on Draft Stategy within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Stategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowkaga
I can't think of a better way other than checking predict the pick a bunch, which isn't ideal. Alternatively, (and this is totally dependent on your scouting and my own observations) guys who have projected overalls between ~83-99 go in the first round, ~77-83 go in the second, ~72-77 go in the 3rd, and below 72 go 4th or later. This kinda varies based on position and AI scouting evaluation, so its not super accurate but I've used it as my guideline in my playing.
Thank you I will do the same.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #10
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd agree, watch the mock draft and the predict a pick. The draft also shows you "best availables", and watch how players go. You can also check the in-draft draft board and see who's left at certain positions to see how many guys are left near a guy who want is. For example, if you really want a guy who has 3 or 4 guys above him still with 10 more higher ratings, you have some time; whereas if he's the top guy left at a position, he's going to go any pick....

lastly, don't stress it if you "reach" - if there's a guy you want - you REALLY want, get him. If it's a round early or whatever, it doesn't matter, it'll cost a few more bucks, but not much.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
Rookie

I'd especially recommend reaching on guys with your 5th round pick. 4th and 5th rounders get 3 year contracts where as 6th and 7th get one year contracts, so if the guy is a sleeper you get him 3 years for pretty cheap as opposed to one year for dirt cheap and then he wants to get paid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'd especially recommend reaching on guys with your 5th round pick. 4th and 5th rounders get 3 year contracts where as 6th and 7th get one year contracts, so if the guy is a sleeper you get him 3 years for pretty cheap as opposed to one year for dirt cheap and then he wants to get paid.
Great point here!
Old 07-12-2015, 12:11 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
All drafted players get at a minimum two year contracts. Sixth round picks mostly get three, but I've also gotten two years. Seventh round picks is about half and half. Half will get three years, half will get two. It's a bit random. It's only undrafted players that will get one year contracts.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:05 PM   #14
Rookie

Ah, my bad. Been a while since I've played.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #15
Rookie

Trade down as often as you can (unless there is someone you REALLY want) and load up on 3rd rounders and lower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #16
Rookie

The way I draft is just simply by looking at who the rookie is compared to. If he's compared to a great player like Gates at TE or Sharper at FS or Brady at QB, I plan to grab him. It tends to work pretty well so far. The hard part is trying to figure out when to grab those players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »