Home

HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!!

This is a discussion on HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #17
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: HC09 - 2018 Full Roster Update Project!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcbjii
So I am thinking about taking on this project. I have been looking over the posts from the past from xCAGEx and jlech1805. I have watched the youtube videos and have played around with it. I have been able to get the game to work by just doing name changes with the Bears and Cowboys to see if I was doing things right...so far so good. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in updated rosters for HC09? If so let me know...

This project will go through several stages if I decide to proceed.
I have made a list of a players still in the league when the game came out. Between 120-150 players. I will keep their player profiles if I can, all others will be changed to current players.

I want to make sure rosters are all accurate and in order
Then, update the ratings based on Madden 18 and some estimating.
Then, I will focus on player appearances.
Next will getting all the coaches in the right place.
From their it will be updating coach and team strategies and play styles.

One of the biggest portions will be getting salaries in order. Because the Cap was $61 lower in 08 ($116 mil in 08, $177 mil in 18), I will have to adjust salaries to a percentage based on those numbers. Plus the rookie scale was not in place in 08 so, I do not want to throw things too off. So contracts might not look exactly like today but a percentage based on today's numbers if that makes sense at all.

Lastly, rookie contracts negotiations is something else I need to dig in to as well. From reading Jlech1805 post rookie negotiations come up for Joe Flacco even though he's a 5 year vet in his 2013 version. Because he is hard coded as a rookie when the career starts no matter what his player card says. So I might need to take the 08 rookie class of players and insert the '18 rookie class for those players so the current class of rookies comes up for rookie negotiations. Still trying to figure out how to do that. If I can do it based on where they got picked or not.

So as you can see there is a lot to do. My goal is to have this file fully ready by the time the 2018 season starts. I love Head Coach 09 and want to see if I can make it fresh and current (for the Xbox 360 BTW)

Sorry it got long winded, anyway interested?

I have all the tools and research information in place, just deciding if I want to take the time to input it all. My wife thinks I am crazy, lol.
Did you happen to keep track of what you did/how you did it for us PS3 guys?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 07-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Happy to help in anyway I can. Just let me know what assistance I could provide.

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hello, is there any update for this and if so how can I be notified because as a fellow Cowboys fan and Head Coach 09 fan this makes me beyond happy to see and can't wait to see where this ends up. Please please please do not give up on this project even if I am the only one who ends up using it because the nostalgia is so worth.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #20
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Would love to know how you went about this and what your progress is. I go back and play this game several times a year. I didn't think there was a way to edit coaches in the rosters.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #21
Rookie

Was wondering if you're willing to post the rosters to be downloaded when you're finished? Looks great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #22
Rookie

Hello Everyone, so what happened with this project is that my XBox360 tanked! Then I bought another one and moved when unpacking I could not find part of the cord, lol. Just one weird thing after another.

I have not touched this in almost a year. I will have to go back into my notes and see if I can get this going again. The hardest part if getting the players to look right on the field. Skin tone and what equipment they wear etc.

I will spend this week going back into my notes and see if I can find where I left off. I really want to get back into this game but deciding whether its worth the trouble. Was hoping maybe Madden 19 would finally cure my TRUE COACHING itch, but Madden was horrible as usual from a coaching aspect.

Wish me luck, I will try to have an update by this weekend.
Old 02-23-2019, 01:39 PM   #23
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachcbjii
Hello Everyone, so what happened with this project is that my XBox360 tanked! Then I bought another one and moved when unpacking I could not find part of the cord, lol. Just one weird thing after another.

I have not touched this in almost a year. I will have to go back into my notes and see if I can get this going again. The hardest part if getting the players to look right on the field. Skin tone and what equipment they wear etc.

I will spend this week going back into my notes and see if I can find where I left off. I really want to get back into this game but deciding whether its worth the trouble. Was hoping maybe Madden 19 would finally cure my TRUE COACHING itch, but Madden was horrible as usual from a coaching aspect.

Wish me luck, I will try to have an update by this weekend.
Good luck. I'd be willing to help out for upcoming season if you need it. I'm on ps3 though so let me know if you need anything.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »