Home

HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

This is a discussion on HC2020 - The Project (Again!) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #9
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

Oh, heck yes. I'll give my input for the Cowboys, but it looks like you've already got some of that down.

I think their offense will be a sort of West Coast Spread, although I doubt there are any default playbooks for that. I think we'll see Mike McCarthy's pass-happy west coast combined with some college-style plays. Defense will probably be a lot like some of the hybrid schemes and playbooks in the game.

One suggestion is that I think some of the Cowboys coaching staff could use some reduction in their skills. Some coaches will have obviously gotten a lot better since HC 09 released, but I think some guys may actually have lost a step due to old age, the game evolving past the schemes and techniques they're still teaching, etc.

I think the game is more interesting with more disparity in coaching ratings than what I saw in the screen caps--granted, I only saw the Cowboys coaching staff and the Super Bowl coaches.

I have literally no technical expertise to offer (heck, I can't even figure out how to get some of the old roster files floating around to work on my copy of the game), but I'm happy to help with ideas/schemes/etc. My wheelhouse is the Cowboys but I follow the rest of the league somewhat closely as well.

Assuming I figure out how to upload files to my 360 and get them to work, I'm more than happy to simulate/test/etc. I've got a few playbooks I created from before as well.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
Oh, heck yes. I'll give my input for the Cowboys, but it looks like you've already got some of that down.

I think their offense will be a sort of West Coast Spread, although I doubt there are any default playbooks for that. I think we'll see Mike McCarthy's pass-happy west coast combined with some college-style plays. Defense will probably be a lot like some of the hybrid schemes and playbooks in the game.

One suggestion is that I think some of the Cowboys coaching staff could use some reduction in their skills. Some coaches will have obviously gotten a lot better since HC 09 released, but I think some guys may actually have lost a step due to old age, the game evolving past the schemes and techniques they're still teaching, etc.

I think the game is more interesting with more disparity in coaching ratings than what I saw in the screen caps--granted, I only saw the Cowboys coaching staff and the Super Bowl coaches.

I have literally no technical expertise to offer (heck, I can't even figure out how to get some of the old roster files floating around to work on my copy of the game), but I'm happy to help with ideas/schemes/etc. My wheelhouse is the Cowboys but I follow the rest of the league somewhat closely as well.

Assuming I figure out how to upload files to my 360 and get them to work, I'm more than happy to simulate/test/etc. I've got a few playbooks I created from before as well.
If you want to fill out a Questionnaire on the Cowboys I would be good with that. I am not as familiar with McCarthy's coaching style. I know Nolan is a 3-4 Guy, but I keeping hearing they will be a 43 team. So I think you're correct on the Hybrid stuff. I think it will look similar to what Carroll does in Seattle, 34 concepts in a 43 look.

Coaching Rating will still be adjusted. Have not touched that yet. All Head Coaches have the "potential" to be good at everything. All Coordinators have the "potential" to be good at every position on their side of the ball. And all position coaches have the "potential" to be good at their position group. I should really say "Great". They can max their learning, intangibles, and physical in those areas. I wanted coaches to be better in the game. It should not be easier for me to out coach an NFL coach and have higher ratings than them within 2-3 seasons. I am hoping to balance it a little more.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:06 PM   #11
Pro

I will do the Bucs. I will also type up what I think the assistants general ratings should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 04:52 PM   #12
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

This is my contribution. A lot of it's guess-work since McCarthy is updating the way he prepares his offense and Nolan is wanting to run a hybrid now, but I think this is pretty accurate based on who they're targeting in free agency, the draft, who they've hired as assistants, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HC2020-Questionnaire--ijumpedthegun Cowboys.pdf (223.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 04-08-2020, 04:54 PM   #13
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm a Tampa fan but I see that's taken. I've been waiting on this for too long not to help out though. I'll take the AFC South(Colts, Jags, Texans, & Titans). How do you want the forms back?

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 04-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
I'm a Tampa fan but I see that's taken. I've been waiting on this for too long not to help out though. I'll take the AFC South(Colts, Jags, Texans, & Titans). How do you want the forms back?
Thanks a lot everyone! You can post your forms here or you can private message it to me.....

I have been digging deeper and deeper into the game! This game could have been a so so good over the years if they cared about it. I have created another list of information I need, lol. I will list in a separate post and people can respond based on what they think of their team. I would love to know people's thoughts and comparisons. Should make for some good discussions as we already have multiple Cowboys and Bucs fans involved.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #15
Rookie

So information is listed in this order in the files (don't ask me why they aren't sorted better), but here is the list of questions I need answered to update the game....

CRSA – Coach Rating S (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CDTA – Defensive Play Calling Aggressiveness (League Range 40-60) (League avg. 50)
COTA – Offensive Play Calling Aggressiveness (League Range 40-85) (League avg. 52)
CRDB – Coach Rating DB (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CRLB – Coach Rating LB (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CRQB – Coach Rating QB (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CRRB – Coach Rating RB (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
SKPC – Play Call Current Skill (1-5) (League avg. 2)
CDID – Defensive Playbook
CPID – Offensive Playbook
SKPF – Performance Current (1-5) (League avg. 2)
CETH – Coach Ethics (League Range 1-95) (League avg. 65)
CCTI – Career Ties
CCWI – Career Wins
CSAL – Coach Salary
CSBL – Super Bowl Losses
CRDL – Coach Rating DL (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CROL – Coach Rating OL (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CCPL – Playoff Losses
CCHM – Coach Chemistry
CCLO – Contract Length
CCLO – Career Losses
OPPP – Offensive Play Call Control
DSPP – Defensive Scheme
OSPP – Offensive Scheme
CVPP – Coverage Philosophy
BZPP – Blitz Philosophy
SRQP – Start Rookie QB?
SKCR – Chemistry Current
CDTR – Simulation Defense Run/Pass Ratio (League Range 37-64) (League avg. 51)
COTR – Simulation Offense Run/Pass Ratio (League Range 42-63) (League avg. 51)
CRWR – Coach Rating WR (League Range 15-95) (League avg. 50)
CRKS – Coach Rating K (League Range 1-95) (League avg. 42)
CRPS – Coaching Rating P (League Range 10-95) (League avg. 43)
POVS – Coach Overall (League avg. 40)
CCWS – Coach Winning Seasons
CMOT – Coach Motivation (1-95) (League avg. 63)
SKST – Coach Strategy (1-5) (League avg. 3)
CSBW – Coach Super Bowl Wins
CKNW – Coach Knowledge (League Range 1-99) (League avg. 59)
CCPW – Coach Playoff Wins
CDTY – Defensive Philosophy (43 or 34)
PTId – Coach Personality

I was thinking about doing position rating based on where the teams ranked in the league.
For Example is your team was #1 in Passing Offense your QB and WR rating would be 99. #2 would be 95 and working backwards in increments of 4 down to the #32 passing offense....OL would be an average of their ranking in pass and run offense. DL and LB run/pass avg ranking. DBs pass ranking. RBs Rush ranking. K by Points and FG pct. P by punt avg ranking....These ranking would be given to all coaches involved in the ranking. So for example #1 in Pass Offense, the HC, OC, and QB coach, would all get a 99 ranking in QB Rating. The WR coach would get a 99 in WR Rating along with the HC and OC. Does that make sense?
What do you guys think of that format?

I read that raising the play call aggressiveness helps the games be more competitive what do you guys think about that?

Not sure how to rate things like performance (the last 3 seasons record?), Ethics and Chemistry - no idea how to handle - maybe generic across the board
Motivation - How do you judge how good someone is at motivating the team
Knowledge - How long they been in the league and wins?

I would love to hear others thoughts on these things. I am totally open to suggestions.

Some of these you need to look at the questionnaire to answer like personality and schemes. They are listed in the questionnaire if you do not know them already.

LET THE CONVERSATION BEGIN!
Thank you all in advance for your input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 05:25 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
This is my contribution. A lot of it's guess-work since McCarthy is updating the way he prepares his offense and Nolan is wanting to run a hybrid now, but I think this is pretty accurate based on who they're targeting in free agency, the draft, who they've hired as assistants, etc.
Great Feedback, you are very much in line with what I think about the Cowboys Style this year as well! Thank you so much for your input!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »