Home

HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

This is a discussion on HC2020 - The Project (Again!) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2020, 05:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

Ok Everyone,

For the third year in a row I am taking on this project of updating HC 09 to a current version....this time around Head Coach 2020!

I have a stable computer (and stable income) to really dig into this project this time around. And with our nations current situation, I am able to work from home and put much more time into this project....

I was not going to post anything until I was closer to complete but got really excited with the progress I have been able to make. I am already further along than the last two seasons I tried to put this together...

CURRENT PROGRESS COMPLETED:
- All Coaches are on their current teams and proper positions

- All Portraits for coaching still actively coaching have been put in the right place (A few needs fixing - Matt Nagy has Mike Shanahan's photo - lol)

- All Coaching Skills have been updated! This is big. After reading other posts and advice about the game, I decided to update ALL coaching learning, intangibles, and potential. Coaches are more skilled.

- All HC, OC, and DC play call strategies have been updated. Coaches will be more aggressive.

- All Coaches have had the job security updated. No Coach is on the Hot Seat. Super Bowl Coaches get "Unbelievable" status. New coaches and playoff coaches got "Doing Great" status. Everyone else is in Doing Ok status.

All these upgrades should lead to 2 primary things:
1) Coaches will stay at their job longer with less coaching turnover and
2) Coaches with be more aggressive in game day and in their development. CPU coaches will not fall as far behind in development as they originally did and have a great potential to compete!

I would say that 95% of the staffs are accurate, you still have teams like the Pats that do not give traditional titles and roles to their coaches so it is harder to figure out that staff.

- I have updated all the Free Agents and retired players in the game. There are less than 40 players left in the league form the original game. And about another 40 that are listed as free agents. Funny thing, I had retired Jason Witten and Marshawn Lynch last year, but now had to add them back with a couple of others that came out of retirement.

Still trying to figure out if there is a way to update the owner, GMs, and trainer names....
And seeing if I can move Rams, Chargers, and Raiders to their current cities.
At some point after this project I will see if I can get into the stadium and uniforms files....

So OS Community, this is where I can use some help before I update the rosters: Now that I am at this point with most coaching stuff in place, I need some input on Coaches SCHEMES, PLAY CALLING, PLAYBOOKS, and COACHING STYLES. If you think you know your favorite team or division well, or just want to help, LET ME KNOW. I will be creating a questionnaire of a list of questions I need answered in order to update as head coaches full coaching style.

Again, I will try to send out weekly updates. My goal is to have everything pretty much done by the week of the draft, so all I will need to due is add this years draft picks after the upcoming draft and have a file fully ready sometime in MAY. It will be interesting to see what free agents are out there as we close in on June 1st. IE - Cam Newton and Joe Flacco.

Again, I am excited with the progress. I love this game! Photos to come...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Pro

Re: HC2020 - The Project (Again!)

I can give input on the Bucs!

Also, if you need someone to help test on a PS3, feel free to send me over the roster in advance 😉
Old 04-08-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Last edited by coachcbjii; 04-08-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Trying to get images to work
Old 04-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Last edited by coachcbjii; 04-08-2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason: working on images
Old 04-08-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Look at Shanahan's and Reid's Job status after taking their teams to the Super Bowl last season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

McCarthy and Rivera ready to go head to head in the NFC East!
Old 04-08-2020, 12:34 PM   #7
Rookie

COWBOYS ALL-STAR Coaching Staff Ready to Roll!
Old 04-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Here is the Link to the team questionnaire if you want to help with this project!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E-J...ew?usp=sharing

Please Respond in this thread with what team you will be working so we do not have people working on the same team and doing the same work. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps out. I will be working on the Cowboys now. And will update as I complete other teams (with assistance or on my own).

Once this is all in place, I will start attacking the rosters!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »