Home

Dallas Cowboys War Room

This is a discussion on Dallas Cowboys War Room within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2004, 03:53 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Cowboys War Room II

Quote:

UALKOEBS said:
I for one am not too worried about signing any of these FA's. I would have liked to get Henson or maybe garcia, but you can have all the other overpriced dudes. I will be very disappointed if we start the season with our current QB situation! The deadskins will pay for all of this spending they are doing. They will be in a world of hurt after next yr.

prepare to be disappointed. It doesn't matter who you have lining up under center if you can't protect him. So you should be disappointed we didn't get Meadows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

If Meadows and Berry were really that good, Jerry would have offered them a better contract. He offered them what the players were worth.

Meadows is coming off an injury and there was no guarantee he would not have been beaten out by Torrin Tucker or Kurt Vollers in camp. Berry only had one good season for the Broncos. Heck, it took him six years to earn a starting job! Both were considerable gambles.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:53 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Tucker is an undrafted free agent, and Vollers is like a 6th or 7th round pick. I think Meadows could have beaten them both out. Berry as better than anything we have on the roster now other than maybe Ellis. I'd rather have Berry than some damn rookie or veteran like Chad Bradzke.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #84
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

I think Bill and Jerry are being very prudent at this point. I think we can build through the draft. Look at what Jimmy did, they built, not entirely, but heavily on the draft. They won the Superbowl with Larry Brown (rookie) and Kevin Smith(2nd year?)in '92. Teams are overspending for some of these guys. I think Bill knows that he isn't going to win the Super Bowl next year. He is going to wait and get a bargain. We just now are recovering from the Emmitt, Deion, Aikman contracts that kept us hamstrung.

In Bill we trust!!
Old 03-08-2004, 07:01 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Tucker is an undrafted free agent, and Vollers is like a 6th or 7th round pick. I think Meadows could have beaten them both out. Berry as better than anything we have on the roster now other than maybe Ellis. I'd rather have Berry than some damn rookie or veteran like Chad Bradzke.

Since when does draft postion determine a player's skill? I guess someone should tell Tom Brady that he isn't any good.

Anyway, If I recall correctly, Bill had good things to say about Tucker last year in camp. He has the potential to be a starter.

Regardless of the current situation at tackle, there are other options out there, such as Greg Robinson-Randall(Patriots)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 10

Alrite, the Cows are trying to get a visit scheduled with Marcellus Wiley now and Bobby Taylor probably is number one on their CB list. Wiley will command top dollar, maybe even more then Bertrand Berry got. The free agents have probably signed faster then the Cowboys anticipated, maybe catching them a bit off-guard. One thing is for sure, they will most likely be alot more active this week. They will need to be.

Link
Old 03-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #87
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

OVR: 12

they offered meadows more money than carolina did. He just chose the panthers. so this one isn't Dallas' fault.

Wiley would be nice here.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:01 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 9

man, bobby taylor would be a VERY NICE addition and wiley would be an upgrade. I hope they sign both of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »