Home

2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26
2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

Don't really have time to comment on our offseason moves or draft up to this point, but I thought I'd start this thread to get it going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2007-2008 New Orleans Saints

Overall, solid draft. Since they addressed some holes through free agency, it kind of allowed them to pick for depth. A tight end might have made more sense in the first round.. but I saw Meachem a lot this past season and he never failed to impress me. The only thing that worries me is the fact that he basically had one outstanding year.

I'm still a bit concerned about the CB position.. David (who I guess is the other starting corner now) doesn't wow me, and obviously rookies can't be depended upon a great deal. Still, should be an upgrade from last season. The more and more I read about the third round pick, the more I like it. A four year starter, with speed, apparently has turned into the best defensive prospect Kent State has ever seen. He's said to have been a shutdown corner. And though they took a small school corner in the 5th, I hear nothing but positives about him either (mostly his measurables).

Selecting Pittman was o.k. with me, it'll be interesting if he can show the ability to be able to replace Deuce after he retires.

I really liked their last pick, the LB out of Tennessee, if for no other reason he was the started all 13 games for the Vols last year. He totaled 104 tackles, 15 of them against Florida.

Charles Grant! Glad they could mend some fences and re-sign him, hopefully he'll retire a Saint.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I have a great feeling about next season. On the defensive side they have like 20+ guys coming back, but addressed some holes through free agency (David-CB, Simmons-LB, Kaesviharn-S). I haven't seen much of the safety they signed, but hey at least they've addressed issues. Obviously the offensive side will be as explosive as ever. The only thing that would have put the icing on it would be if they re-signed Horn.

I've been a quiet Saint fan since they were displaced, but I hope to post a lot this season.

Last edited by ex carrabba fan; 04-30-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #3
Lurker

bjf1377's Arena

OVR: 41

Not really a huge Saints fan, but I would just like to say I will be rooting for them a little bit this year cause they decided to take Usama Young from Kent St. in the 3rd round. Hopefully the Saints will be able to keep up the good play from last year
Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Wouldn't it be the 2007 Saints, not 2007-2008

Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

No, because it's the 2007-2008 NFL season. Not just the 2007 season.

Very good and insight post, ecf. Whenever I get a steady Internet connection, I'll give my in-depth thoughts as well. Until then, here's some footage of our first round selection:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
No, because it's the 2007-2008 NFL season. Not just the 2007 season.

Actually...

It's the 2007 NFL, not the 2007-2008 NFL season.

Yes, the season ends in the 2008 calendar year, but the NFL only counts it as the year in which the season started. Not like the NBA or NHL which counts both calendar years.

No biggie, just saying...I've done it in all the threads =)
Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #7
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

Go away, Dookie.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

LOL sorry...what do you think about getting Meachem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »