Home

Circle the Wagons...the 2007 Buffalo Bills Thread

This is a discussion on Circle the Wagons...the 2007 Buffalo Bills Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Circle the Wagons...the 2007 Buffalo Bills Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
I'd like to hear some impressions about Coy Wire

Our unimpressive safety seems to have made a mark at OLB
Makes sense. He was a stud LB at Stanford. I've always admired his hustle. Seems like he's out there playing harder than anyone else when he's on the field, a real Steve Tasker type.

In other news, we signed DE Al Wallace. Living in an area where the Carolina Panthers are on TV all the time, I love this move. He gives us depth at the DE position (which we needed BADLY), and he's experienced (another commodity our defense is short on).
Old 08-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #50
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Makes sense. He was a stud LB at Stanford. I've always admired his hustle. Seems like he's out there playing harder than anyone else when he's on the field, a real Steve Tasker type.

In other news, we signed DE Al Wallace. Living in an area where the Carolina Panthers are on TV all the time, I love this move. He gives us depth at the DE position (which we needed BADLY), and he's experienced (another commodity our defense is short on).
Definitely had to do it after Denney broke his foot.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 AM   #51
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
No, no, no!! Jesus God NO!! Don't SAY that! Don't even THINK IT!!

If the Bills left Buffalo, I don't know what the hell I'd do...I guess I'd have to become a Panthers fan.
If the Bills left Buffalo, I'd have a very hard time following the NFL, period. As a 42-year-old lifelong resident of upstate N.Y., the Bills ARE the NFL to me. I started following the Bills in 1973, when The Juice reached 2,003 yards, as an 8-year-old boy. I vividly remember watching the game against the Jets in Shea Stadium on TV when O.J. passed 2,000 in the snow.

The Bills define the autumn for our entire family, as my wife is just as rabid about them as I am. We're working on indoctrinating our three young kids, too.

Take care,
PK
Old 08-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500

The Bills define the autumn for our entire family, as my wife is just as rabid about them as I am. We're working on indoctrinating our three young kids, too.

Take care,
PK
Same here, bud, even as far south as North Carolina. Though I'm younger than you, my first memories of the Bills were when my dad was ecstatic that they drafted this stud QB from Miami named Jim Kelly...then upset because he decided to play in the USFL...then ecstatic again when he came to the NFL.

Hell, the main reason I want to have kids one day is so I can bring more Bills fans into this world. We can never have too many!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:

Hell, the main reason I want to have kids one day is so I can bring more Bills fans into this world. We can never have too many!
I agree with this sentiment. If I ever have a kid i'll have him or here swaddled in a Bills jersey just hours after his/her birth. My kid will be a diehard Bills fan and i'll teach him/her the history of the team as well. I guess i'll also have to show my kid "sniff" SB XXV. The closest the Bills have ever been to a championship post NFL Merger.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I agree with this sentiment. If I ever have a kid i'll have him or here swaddled in a Bills jersey just hours after his/her birth. My kid will be a diehard Bills fan and i'll teach him/her the history of the team as well. I guess i'll also have to show my kid "sniff" SB XXV. The closest the Bills have ever been to a championship post NFL Merger.
I still have Super Bowl XXV on tape...in its entirety. I should transfer that bad boy on DVD soon though. That tape is getting old.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #55
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I watched some of the game against the Lions. Marshawn Lynch seems like he's gonna be a great fit at least as a receiver out of the backfield. He hasn't had THAT much opportunity to do much running. He did make one nice run for about 7 yards or so.

The defense looked a little sloppy at times in terms of tackling but overall I thought they did an ok job. As for the offense...It seems they've gone vanilla all preseason. There was only one play with the starters that was executed last night that will be featured a lot in the regular season and it was the spread play pass to Parrish. JP looked ok but I can definitely see a QB controversy looming in the next year or two as Edwards looks to be the real deal.

Can't wait til the real games start!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

So...

What do we think about Denver?

I'm thinking Shanahan is going to run the ball down our throats. Most teams will probably employ this strategy to take advantage of our lack of good run stopping DT's. Man, I sure do hope John McCargo progresses this season. I still don't get why we used a 1st round pick on that guy. I guess he has upside but he sure as hell hasn't shown it yet.

Prediction:
Denver 38, Buffalo 20.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »