Home

2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!!

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!! within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13
2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!!

A'ight Bengals fans, lets use this thread to talk about the Bengals upcoming season.

Obviously, the big news from the first preseason game is the loss of Kenny Irons. That could hurt the Bengals, because now they don't really have a "change of pace" back to complement Rudi. I have no idea what they're going to do to replace Irons......maybe they can pick up somebody who gets cut from another team.

What are your guys pre-season predictions for how the Bengals will do this year? I'm gonna say they go 11-5 and play host to a wild card game.

PSN: raginrapids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: 2007-2008 Cincinnati Bengals Thread: WHO DEY!!!

Losing Kenny definitely hurts. Hopefully he isn't like Chris Perry and be hurt every year he is in a Bengals uniform.

As for my preseason prediction. I am going to say we go 10-6, before bowing out in the first round of the playoffs. I didn't think we did enough to improve our defense to make a big run in the playoffs. I just have a feeling that Carson is going to have a career year this season though, so maybe that will be enough to propel us deep into the playoffs.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 08-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Overpaid Convicts.

Seriously if they can stop being idiots and just play some football, this team has the potential to be the next San Diego and step it up a notch.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Overpaid Convicts.

Seriously if they can stop being idiots and just play some football, this team has the potential to be the next San Diego and step it up a notch.
The worst thing about that is were wasting a franchise QB's prime in the process. Not to mention two top of the line wideouts as well.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitomulder
The worst thing about that is were wasting a franchise QB's prime in the process. Not to mention two top of the line wideouts as well.
That is definitely the scary part. Carson is still a young pup but he ain't getting any younger. I'd hate for the window to close without at the very least a SB berth.
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #6
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
That is definitely the scary part. Carson is still a young pup but he ain't getting any younger. I'd hate for the window to close without at the very least a SB berth.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

This thread should've been called '"It wasn't me, officer!" 2007-08 Cincinnati Bengals'

I'm a Bengals fan and I think they've got a good chance to finish with a nice regular season record. But I was not pleased with the draft at all or the free agent signings.

Leon Hall will be a nice player, but will never become the shut down corner everybody thinks he will become. Kenny Irons had one good year at Auburn and he wasn't even the starter when he did it. I'm big believer that it's a lot harder to do it as a starter than coming off the bench.

Where's the help on the offensive line? Bengals lose their starting center and best guard and not one big free agent or draft pick? Line injuries derailed the team last year and could easily do so again this year.

I like to think positively, but the Bengals are likely a year or two away from having a team that can compete for a Super Bowl.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
Kenny Irons had one good year at Auburn and he wasn't even the starter when he did it. I'm big believer that it's a lot harder to do it as a starter than coming off the bench.
That's just not true. He came off the bench when the starter went down, proceeded to run for 182 yards in that game, and the next week ran for 218 at LSU, and later 179 at SEC champion UGA.

Last year he was banged up and simply didn't get many carries after the LSU game. He had 20+ carries his first 4 games that he played in, and then had only 1 20+ carry game out of his next 8.

He wasn't an amazing running back, but he runs tough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »