Home

Giants @ Cowboys

This is a discussion on Giants @ Cowboys within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Giants @ Cowboys

Ok Football fans it's that time of the year again..Starting out with a good rivalry game between the Jints and the Boy's..Alot of questions surrounding the Giants and this game..can Eli progress to that next level?..Can Jacobs , Droughns, and Bradshaw provide an adequate running game?..Can the defense particularly our secondary keep us in games and prove not to be a liability?...As far as this game we must establish ball control ,pounding with Jacobs and Droughns.,and keep Romo and company off the field.let Eli develop some confidence with playaction and high percentage passes and get Shockey and Plax in the game immediately..If Newman doesn't play we have got to go after his replacement and force a double team to open up things for Shockey.As far as defense we must keep Romo in the pocket and pressure him up the gut..Osi , Strahan , and Tuck must have some discipline and keep Romo in the pocket. No way to stop TO but we can prevent big plays by keeping him in front and making sure tackles...I believe our defensive front can limit the run but it's the Boys big play capability that I am worried about...maybe Spagnola will blitz right out the gate ?.. I think it will be another classic Jints boy's game close and hard hitting..what do you think?..
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Giants @ Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Ok Football fans it's that time of the year again..Starting out with a good rivalry game between the Jints and the Boy's..Alot of questions surrounding the Giants and this game..can Eli progress to that next level?..Can Jacobs , Droughns, and Bradshaw provide an adequate running game?..Can the defense particularly our secondary keep us in games and prove not to be a liability?...As far as this game we must establish ball control ,pounding with Jacobs and Droughns.,and keep Romo and company off the field.let Eli develop some confidence with playaction and high percentage passes and get Shockey and Plax in the game immediately..If Newman doesn't play we have got to go after his replacement and force a double team to open up things for Shockey.As far as defense we must keep Romo in the pocket and pressure him up the gut..Osi , Strahan , and Tuck must have some discipline and keep Romo in the pocket. No way to stop TO but we can prevent big plays by keeping him in front and making sure tackles...I believe our defensive front can limit the run but it's the Boys big play capability that I am worried about...maybe Spagnola will blitz right out the gate ?.. I think it will be another classic Jints boy's game close and hard hitting..what do you think?..
Mods can you move this thread to the appropriate forum I accidently put this thread in the Official team Thread sorry!!...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Giants @ Cowboys

I hate this being the 1st game of the year. Who knows how either team plays. This game can go either way. I think this will be Eli's "breakout" year. I mean he has played good before, but he will be consistently good this year, and this game. Dallas secondary is suspect, if the Cowboys don't get pressure, they are in for a long day. As far as stopping the run, I think they will be fairly successful. On offense, I think the Cowboys can be very dominant. Who knows how Strahan will do. Stop Osi, tough task, and if Romo has time to throw, he will pick apart the secondary. Although, will still make some throwing mistakes. I think Owens has a big day, as well as Eli and Plaxico. Romo does enough for Dallas to squeak a TD win. At least I hope so, I have Dallas -5.5.

Cowboys 24
Giants 17
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »