Home

07-08 Green Bay Packers/Cheeseheads Thread.

This is a discussion on 07-08 Green Bay Packers/Cheeseheads Thread. within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #41
MVP

dust247's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 07-08 Green Bay Packers/Cheeseheads Thread.

I'm hoping we face Tampa or Washington in the NFC title game. In my perfect world, the playoffs would go down like this....

6. Washington def. 3. Seattle
4. Tampa def. 5. Giants

6. Washington def. 1. Dallas
2. Packers def 4. Tampa

2. Packers def. 6. Washington

That is based off the fact that Washington makes the playoffs though. In my opinion, that would be the easiest way for us to end up in Arizona.
Iowa Hawkeyes (NCAA)
Minnesota Twins (MLB)
Tennessee Volunteers (NCAA)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #42
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Well gang, we are in the NFC Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** yes!!!!!
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
Get Ducked Up!

oakfan162's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdog
Well gang, we are in the NFC Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** yes!!!!!
Congrats Pack! As much as it hurts me to enjoy watching the Packers win (Niners fan) I am enjoying watching #4 having such a good time.
Warriors
49ers
Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #44
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Do we have any key players that are entering free agency this offseason?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #45
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

What a GREAT season this was....never would've predicted we would make the NFC Championship Game in our second year under McCarthy,especially considering the fact that alot of people didnt even have us making the playoffs in the first place

Just unfortunate it had to end the way it did...knowing we were a play or two away from the Super Bowl.

With Favre retiring,im pretty sure the media will have us as the underdog role again...and I have no problem with that either...after what we did this season.

Only unrestricted FA we had was Frank Walker...who left to sign with Baltimore

We pretty much got everybody locked up(other than Favre)for at least the next 2 seasons and got the core of our team coming back to make another run next season.

But if im Ted Thompson I would start looking for eventual sucessors for Big Al and C-Murder.

Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/i...howtopic=10262

Here is some rumors from a quick OTS this week. Enjoy!

RUMORS: n.
1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay

The Packers and Chargers have talked about a deal that would send the Chargers a pick (a 3rd or 4th) for QB Charlie Whitehurst.

The Packers had a discussion with Tampa about Chris Simms.

The Packers are indeed a team that is in play for Lito Sheppard. It was reported that the Eagles want a 1st from any team, but I heard a 2nd and a 5th was more likely to get a deal done. I also heard the Packers were offering one of their 2nd rounder (their own pick) straight up for him.

The is another team that has a QB (who I can't say) that has talked to the Packers about a deal. The QB does have starting experience in the NFL and is still "young".

The Packers never had any interest in Pac Man Jones, but they did do their due diligence.

I heard a WR with KR ability is a target in the 4th or 5th round.

I was told the Packers could be looking to move up into the mid 1st round for the player they want (I heard Cason, Phillips, McKelvin, Brohm, Stewart or Baker).

I also heard that if Chad Henne is there in round 2, it wouldn't surprise NFL personnel people people to see the Packers grab him.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #47
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/i...howtopic=10245

Here are some of my thoughts (about the Packers, NFL, and some sports):

Packers :

There is ALOT of things going on behind the scenes rigth now. Believe it or not the Packers are really active in talking to various teams about different moves (for player(s) and moving around on draft day). I was asked to not disclose these rumors so I cann't get any further into it.

I LOVE the Monday night game to start the season. I think it will be a good gage on where this team is at and where they could go. To have the bright lights of the first MNF game with the back drop of that game being Aaron Rodgers first start (and the first start of ANY QB NOT named Brett Favre in Green Bay in 16 years) and with the success of the Packers last year against a Vikings team that was 8-8 and a bitter rival, ESPN and the NFL got it right. (My early prediction, watch Jennings GO OFF that night on his way to lead the NFL in receiving.)

The Brandon Chillar deal is a good one for the Packers. If he wins the starting job (which I think he will) he will add more athleticism to the Packers already athletic linebacker group and add steady, reliable play verses the pass and run. Brady Poppinga is going to thrive as a pass rusher and special teams demon.

I honesty believe that Noah Herron and/or DeShawn Wynn will be NOT be on the Packers next year, and the Packers will draft a RB fairly high in the 2008 draft.

This will be the year Greg Jennings elevates to the "#1" WR role on the Packers. He has the tools to be a "Marvin Harrison" type and should see many trips to Hawaii, starting this year.

I also think this will be the last year we see the starting duo of Chad Clifton and Mark Taucher in Green Bay. I believe one or both will NOT be back after the 2008 season. I als think the Packers will draft a OT with one of their first three picks.

Wouldn't be only fitting IF the Packers retried Brett Favre's #4 on opening night, in front of a national audience? I hope they do and I hope that Bob Harlan, Ron Wolf, Mike Holmgren, Sterling Sharpe, LeRoy Bulter, Santana Dotson, Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, Frank Winters and Reggie White's family ALL are there to be apart of the ceremony.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #48
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Favre Done?...for now.......http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »