Home

2007-2008 Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on 2007-2008 Minnesota Vikings within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: 2007-2008 Minnesota Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I still have zero faith in Childress being a consistent winner in Minnesota. The way he totally has mishandled the QB situation just adds fuel to the fire. T-Jack had some nice games, but he need some legit competition to push him in camp.

Gus did ok but the Vikes better not bring him back.
It makes zero sense to me why Childress still has a job. Hes a horrible coach he doesn't know how to manage a game, he doesn't know how to use his red flag. I mean he almost blew the game aginst the giants and I cannot remember how many times i found myself yelling what the **** are you doing childress to the tv screen.

He has to go, there will be alot of pressure on him this year. I have a feeling our ownership spends some more money this offseason and if Brad doesn't perform early
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #34
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
It makes zero sense to me why Childress still has a job. Hes a horrible coach he doesn't know how to manage a game, he doesn't know how to use his red flag. I mean he almost blew the game aginst the giants and I cannot remember how many times i found myself yelling what the **** are you doing childress to the tv screen.

He has to go, there will be alot of pressure on him this year. I have a feeling our ownership spends some more money this offseason and if Brad doesn't perform early
The playoffs plus a win there is where the bar should be set. This team is too talented to accept less and the window is closing.

Let's also not forget the special teams coach wasn't under any heat from Childress and he only left to join his friend who got the HC job on another team. Childress is just so damn stubborn and thinks his system is the only way.

The benchmark for seeing if you have a quality coach is if you ask yourself "If he is fired, how many teams would re-hire him for a head job?" The answer is zero. He would never be hired for anything again other than a OC job. He's just not NFL HC material.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

Last edited by Herky; 02-25-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #35
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939155
VIKINGS TRADE FOR SAGE ROSENFELS!......-_-

Really????

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #36
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

It sounds like Birk and Kleinsasser aren't coming back so that opens a possible need for a C and TE. Jason Brown is out there but I know he visiting someone today or tomorrow (can't remember who).

Here's a good spot for all the news on who Minnesota is looking at.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 02-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
It sounds like Birk and Kleinsasser aren't coming back so that opens a possible need for a C and TE. Jason Brown is out there but I know he visiting someone today or tomorrow (can't remember who).

Here's a good spot for all the news on who Minnesota is looking at.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/
Jimmy K signed 3 years.
I really dont think we will get brown he seems like hes out there for money which he will find in st. louis

As for Birk i still think he comes back.

I think we could go after Tra Thomas, other then that there isnt gonna be much action.

If TJ stays out there for a few days who knows? He did say hed love to play with adrian.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #38
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad
Jimmy K signed 3 years.
I really dont think we will get brown he seems like hes out there for money which he will find in st. louis

As for Birk i still think he comes back.

I think we could go after Tra Thomas, other then that there isnt gonna be much action.

If TJ stays out there for a few days who knows? He did say hed love to play with adrian.
I just saw that a little bit ago. That's good news as he's a great blocker. I've always like Sauce.

I'm not sure what kind of money Birk is wanting, but I think he might be better off coming back to Minnesota. He's from there, knows the system, and most teams aren't going to open their wallets for a older center.

Man I'd love TJ but I think they'd have to give him Berrian-type money. I bet Philly gets him but but he'd def upgrade the passing game a lot. The WR crop in FA is pretty bad this outside him so who know. It was pretty cool to here him mention Minnesota last night even if it was part of a way of upping his interest and price.

I agree Minnesota probably won't make any major splashed others than some depth areas. I'd like to see a return guy but there just aren't a lot of big name people out there this season. Of course I'd wouldn't mind somehow getting McNabb via a trade....lol. Chester Taylor anyone?.....The Eagles have Westbrook and no Buckhalter now....

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves

Last edited by Herky; 02-27-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I just saw that a little bit ago. That's good news as he's a great blocker. I've always like Sauce.

I'm not sure what kind of money Birk is wanting, but I think he might be better off coming back to Minnesota. He's from there, knows the system, and most teams aren't going to open their wallets for a older center.

Man I'd love TJ but I think they'd have to give him Berrian-type money. I bet Philly gets him but but he'd def upgrade the passing game a lot. The WR crop in FA is pretty bad this outside him so who know. It was pretty cool to here him mention Minnesota last night even if it was part of a way of upping his interest and price.

I agree Minnesota probably won't make any major splashed others than some depth areas. I'd like to see a return guy but there just aren't a lot of big name people out there this season. Of course I'd wouldn't mind somehow getting McNabb via a trade....lol. Chester Taylor anyone?.....The Eagles have Westbrook and no Buckhalter now....
Yeah we were never getting McNabb, times haven't changed especially now that we traded for Sage.

I dunno, as much as everyone throws T-Jack under the bus. I still want to see him have success and think that he can. With this news of TJ in town, maybe with better targets he can play better?

I just do not feel Sage is that much better then Jackson. I think they are pretty even but understand why people might say Sage is a bit better. It is not like we traded for Manning here or something though.

I still do not get why we have no looked at RT. It seems like a big need to me especially with Birk coming back being unknown at this time. I would hate to see our team add TJ but lose Birk.

The way i see it will have the same team except maybe an upgrade at RT. I think and hope Birk will be back. We will sign a wideout if it is TJ, nate or another guy.

DL stays the same maybe a DT for depth. Same with lineback and secondary. I think we go corner in the first round. If we do all that i am ready to roll. Even if it is Jackson or Sage.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 47

I like Sage and I would love to get WHOYOURMOMMA Too. That would be a nice fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »