Home

The Rock Pile (The Official OS Buffalo Bills Thread)

This is a discussion on The Rock Pile (The Official OS Buffalo Bills Thread) within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 AM   #25
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Circle the Wagons...the 2008 Buffalo Bills Off-Season Thread

i dont know about you guys but when i go to the home opener and see marcus stroud in a bills uniform, i think i might just faint. add kawika mitchell and spencer johnson to that mix, and the 11th pick in the draft... this is no doubt our year. i say that every year, but this year seems special. when i saw that we traded for stroud i said "****!, why cant the sabres have a management team like that!!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #26
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm very excited as well. With the way parity has affected the NFL, you never know what is going to happen, and we've made some good offseason moves.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 04-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #27
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, we're still a team on the rise. We've developed some young guys (what was the combined age of our team last year? haha) and now are adding the veteran pieces to compliment and guide them to bigger and better things. It should be a good year for Buffalo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #28
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

http://www.realfootball365.com/index...es/bills/10894

I didn't think about it before, but putting the Niners game in Toronto would've been much better for Buffalo and fans. Ugh.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #29
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I have a bone to pick with this paragraph

Quote:
hey could have thrown Ontario a rather mundane coupling like the Bills/Niners matchup, but no, as Orchard Park, N.Y., will host that particular game on Nov. 30. That’s unfortunate; it would have meant the Buffalo area losing a confrontation with a locally less appealing opponent, and it’s not to have stuck Toronto with a dud, either: The fact is that the inherently exciting nature of the NFL in CFL Land event means the league didn’t need to toss them a glamorous bout.
No, the league needed to throw a big game at Toronto fans because

A) We've had about 4 NFL Preseason games in the past with the most interesting matchup being between the Bills and Cowboys in the early 90s. So it's not like we're totally unexposed. That's not even taking in the fact that we get Bills games locally and have access to NFL ST.

B) If the NFL gave Toronto a dud you'd run the risk of not getting the type of hype that a game and a long term experiment like this needs to have out of the gate. I will agree though that the Miami game should've been scheduled in Buffalo but Toronto still needs a marquee matchup.

Anywho that's my take from a Toronto perspective.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #30
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I have a bone to pick with this paragraph

No, the league needed to throw a big game at Toronto fans because

A) We've had about 4 NFL Preseason games in the past with the most interesting matchup being between the Bills and Cowboys in the early 90s. So it's not like we're totally unexposed. That's not even taking in the fact that we get Bills games locally and have access to NFL ST.

B) If the NFL gave Toronto a dud you'd run the risk of not getting the type of hype that a game and a long term experiment like this needs to have out of the gate. I will agree though that the Miami game should've been scheduled in Buffalo but Toronto still needs a marquee matchup.

Anywho that's my take from a Toronto perspective.
Eh, Buffalo has been paying for Bills games for 40+ years, marquee matchups should remain in Buffalo. Let the newbies have the Niners

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 04-17-2008, 10:49 AM   #31
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugginns
Eh, Buffalo has been paying for Bills games for 40+ years, marquee matchups should remain in Buffalo. Let the newbies have the Niners
You're probably right. I been listening to the sports talk station here and they had one of the owners of 2billsdrive.com on and he was talking about how everybody in Buffalo is pissed off and scared that the Bills will move to Toronto full time.

I gotta admit and I know i'm like a broken record right now but i'd stop cheering for the team (well not really but you know what I mean) if they moved to Toronto full time. It'd be horrible to just rip the heart of the people in Buffalo. That city has faced so much adversity in the last 5 or so years that losing the Bills would more or less be the death of the city as already you've got tons of people in the WNY/Buffalo area leaving as soon as they can.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
You're probably right. I been listening to the sports talk station here and they had one of the owners of 2billsdrive.com on and he was talking about how everybody in Buffalo is pissed off and scared that the Bills will move to Toronto full time.

I gotta admit and I know i'm like a broken record right now but i'd stop cheering for the team (well not really but you know what I mean) if they moved to Toronto full time. It'd be horrible to just rip the heart of the people in Buffalo. That city has faced so much adversity in the last 5 or so years that losing the Bills would more or less be the death of the city as already you've got tons of people in the WNY/Buffalo area leaving as soon as they can.
Yep, if they moved I'd probably stop watching the NFL for a few years. I'd be upset but I doubt they'd stay in Toronto long before moving to LA or something

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »