Home

San Diego Chargers Off-Season Thread

This is a discussion on San Diego Chargers Off-Season Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: 2008 San Diego Chargers Off-Season Thread

Sad story about Chris Mims, 94 charger team, and life after football in the NFL

"A fallen star's burnout
Chris Mims had it all, on the field and off, but the former Charger lost control of his life after his career came to an end"

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...stars-burnout/
Old 07-25-2009, 09:05 AM   #34
MVP

Well it took long enough

"Chargers release LB Wilhelm; Burnett and Dobbins will vie for starting job

The San Diego Chargers released inside linebacker Matt Wilhelm on Friday, one week before their first full-squad practice of training camp."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 PM   #35
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Larry English agreed to terms on a 5 year deal today. Glad he'll be in camp working out with the rest of the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

We officially have the worst right side of the offensive line in the league.

Clary and Vasquez are awful.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #37
MVP

Agree with the right side. Pathetic. Hopefully Forney makes some difference and we will have to keep Malamunnna in to help block. Also still not to happy with the safety play, how many years is it now with the ****ing terrible safety/RT play 5 years and running. #41 C.J. Spillman looked good and what a "legal" hit that removed the Cardinals receivers helmet ouch!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelverin
Agree with the right side. Pathetic. Hopefully Forney makes some difference and we will have to keep Malamunnna in to help block. Also still not to happy with the safety play, how many years is it now with the ****ing terrible safety/RT play 5 years and running. #41 C.J. Spillman looked good and what a "legal" hit that removed the Cardinals receivers helmet ouch!
Is Forney hurt? I have been travelling and haven't kept up.

Clary is just as bad as Olivea was, he just doesn't have the off the field issues.

Both safety spots remain concerns just as they have for the past 5 years or so. Passing on Polomalu continues to haunt this team.

I like what I see in Spillman, but not sure he's athletic enough to play back there. Ultimately I think the best combo may actually be Weddle and Oliver. That's scary, that's the best combo.

FB is odd as well. Neither of those guys are particualarly good blockers at the point of attack. Both can catch the ball, and Hester can play RB as well. Tolbert doesn't do anything great, but is ok to good at several things. I wonder if they are going to carry two fullbacks?

Interesting dilemma at WR as well. Chambers and Jackson are obviously the guys, but they've still got to find a way to get Floyd and Naanee involved. Every time Naanee touches the ball something good happens. He needs more touches.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #39
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Is Forney hurt? I have been travelling and haven't kept up.

Clary is just as bad as Olivea was, he just doesn't have the off the field issues.

Both safety spots remain concerns just as they have for the past 5 years or so. Passing on Polomalu continues to haunt this team.

I like what I see in Spillman, but not sure he's athletic enough to play back there. Ultimately I think the best combo may actually be Weddle and Oliver. That's scary, that's the best combo.

FB is odd as well. Neither of those guys are particualarly good blockers at the point of attack. Both can catch the ball, and Hester can play RB as well. Tolbert doesn't do anything great, but is ok to good at several things. I wonder if they are going to carry two fullbacks?

Interesting dilemma at WR as well. Chambers and Jackson are obviously the guys, but they've still got to find a way to get Floyd and Naanee involved. Every time Naanee touches the ball something good happens. He needs more touches.
Forney injured his neck late last week, but supposedly will be back for practice this week.

Link

Couldn't agree more about the FB and WR situations, but as for the safeties, Ellison has looked the most impressive thus far. Not amazing by any means, but definitely an improvement over Hart.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #40
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

2009 53 man roster according to Acee:

OL Jeromey Clary, Kris Dielman, Brandyn Dombrwoski, Tyronne Green, Nick Hardwick, Marcus McNeill, Scott Mruczkowski, Louis Vasquez.

QB Philip Rivers, Billy Volek, Charlie Whitehurst.

RB Michael Bennett, Jacob Hester, Gartrell Johnson, Darren Sproles, Mike Tolbert, LaDainian Tomlinson.

TE Antonio Gates, Brandon Manumaleuna, Kris Wilson.

WR Chris Chambers, Buster Davis, Malcom Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Legedu Naanee, Kassim Osgood.

DL Luis Castillo, Jacques Cesaire, Travis Johnson, Vaughn Martin, Ogemdi Nwagbuo, Jamal Williams.

LB Antwan Applewhite, Kevin Burnett, Stephen Cooper, Tim Dobbins, Larry English, Shawne Merriman, Shaun Phillips, Brandon Siler, Jyles Tucker.

CB Antoine Cason, Antonio Cromartie, Quentin Jammer.

Safety Kevin Ellison, Steve Gregory, Clinton Hart, Paul Oliver, C.J. Spillman, Eric Weddle.

Long snapper David Binn

Kicker Nate Kaeding

Punter Mike Scifres

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »