Home

2008 Chicago Bears Den

This is a discussion on 2008 Chicago Bears Den within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2008 Chicago Bears Den

Who ever the dumb *** was that said he wasn't impressed with the defense... again I say you're a dumb ***! It's the first preseason game. You could tell these guys wern't even going 60%. What do you always seen when you see the Bears making a tackle? At least 4 guys there.... that didn't happen because they were not playing at top level. Come on, Alex Brown would have never let LJ score had that been a real game. Also, I agree, Hanie looked awesome! However it was 3rd stringers but that gives him a reason to try for the first string. Grossman looked like one of the QB's we used to have.... Oh wait, now he's calling the play by play in Eric Kramer. Give the kid a shot!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football_guru91
Who ever the dumb *** was that said he wasn't impressed with the defense... again I say you're a dumb ***! It's the first preseason game. You could tell these guys wern't even going 60%. What do you always seen when you see the Bears making a tackle? At least 4 guys there.... that didn't happen because they were not playing at top level. Come on, Alex Brown would have never let LJ score had that been a real game. Also, I agree, Hanie looked awesome! However it was 3rd stringers but that gives him a reason to try for the first string. Grossman looked like one of the QB's we used to have.... Oh wait, now he's calling the play by play in Eric Kramer. Give the kid a shot!
Watch your mouth in here. That was completely uncalled for.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighoff63
Yeah he did look good but it was against mostly 3rd stringers. I think he should get some more time earlier in the next game. This kid could be the future a few years down the line if he can progress.
I say put him in a few snaps while the opponent's 1st stringers are out there and if he does well let him keep going for a little bit. If he keeps doing well let him compete for the starting job.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #28
Rookie

illinifan91's Arena

OVR: 1

Im really looking forward to the game tomorrow. Personally last game i didnt think our defense looked that bad except for the first drive where they just could get off the field on third down.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 27

A few things:

1) This is what we're going to get when you put Rex at QB. Teams will stack the box and blitz the **** out of him. Which will cause him to do squat.

2) Our offensive line might be worse than last year.

3) You cannot put Devin Hester at wide receiver. He is just not a wideout. He is a home run hitting kick returner. PERIOD. I don't care how much money they paid him. Lovie is going to get him killed.

4) Speaking of Lovie.....he is a ****ing idiot.

5) Orton looks a lot better than Rex.

6) Ron Turner needs to get his head out of his ***. I swear, if he calls one more play up the gut like we have the '92 Cowboys offensive line, I might choke somebody.

7) I feel bad for the defense this year. AGAIN.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:43 AM   #30
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing

5) Orton looks a lot better than Rex.
But you know Rex is going to start opening day. QB competition my ***!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
But you know Rex is going to start opening day. QB competition my ***!
how did you come up with that conclusion?

it's pretty obvious Orton got the starting nod, otherwise we would have seen him into the 2nd half

the 3rd preseason game will be a majority of orton, just watch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 14

Neither QB did anything last night. Atleast Caleb scored. I say you give him a try against the 1st teams and see what he can do. Otherwise give Culpepper a call.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »