Home

2008 Chicago Bears Den

This is a discussion on 2008 Chicago Bears Den within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #41
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: 2008 Chicago Bears Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeonosisX
I hope not Jistic, I think we have gone through a lot of bad football in our time. I agree with you that the Defense just like last year won't be able to hang game after game to save the Offense. I prefer Orton over Grossman, and hopefully all 3 QB's make it a situation for competition at the position.

Caleb Hanie could be the question mark for this team as a up and coming QB if given the chance. Game 1 vs. the Chiefs, I think he did an alright job.
I have to go with Jistic on this one Geonosis, it doesn't matter at this point who is the QB of this team. They can have Manning behind center and it won't do much.

HB: ?
OL: ?
WR: ?
OC: ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way too many question marks on that offense to make a difference who is the QB at this point. This might be close to the season offensive wise when Henry Burris played.

Jistic described it best, UGLY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #42
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah , I see nothing but 5-11 at best this year, and that may be a stretch. Seriously, there is no way we take down the Packers or the Vikes this year. We will probabaly split with the lions.

Losses:
Colts, Jaguars, Vikes, Vikes, Packers, Packers, Lions, Saints, Eagles, Rams.

Maybe losses:

Panthers,Titans, Texans

Wins.
Falcons, Lions, Buccaneers??

Wow, putting it down like that, we literally could be 3-13, or 2-14
#1 pick here we come, and Matt Stafford/Chase Daniels will be a Bear

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 08-18-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I think we'll beat the Packers once, because Lovie just beats them. However If we aren't 0-4 to start the season I'll be shocked.

But the Bears are always lame enough to win just enough to pick low enough to miss drafting the difference maker. So I'll go with 5-11.

But I'm getting a Wannie vibe this year. Although our D is better than those days, this could be the worst offensive football team I've seen for us...and that is not easy to do. Like XLR said, Peyton Manning would be meat back there.

What's should be a funny twist though is after we're like 1-5 listening to people saying "Put in Rex, we need a spark" blah blah blah. And they don't get is that, that has been Chicago Bear football for my entire life. It's always the next guy. But they don't ever put a team around a QB so it won't matter.

We would've ruined Dan Marino if we drafted him. And half of the city wouldn't have wanted him anyway because they just want smash mouth, hard hat and lunch bucket guys. Not flashy players with talent. The media would kill them here. I remember many times on call in shows and media guys saying how they'd never want any of those thugs from the University of Miami on their team? Hell our two best offensive players now might be from that school!

Guys like T.O., Moss, CJ, could you imagine them here? Media and fans would run them out of town. We're our own worst enemy.

Last edited by Jistic; 08-18-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #44
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Man, not a Wannie vibe. I still have nightmares about those seasons. You couldn't be more right if you wanted, when you said we always find a way to win 4/5 games and screw us out of that top pick.

We wont be able to run the ball ( poor Matt and Kevin ) We have some decent speed in Bennett, Hester and Davis. I like our TE situation in Clark and Olson, but our OL is just trash. The talent we do have on the OL is out of place to cover injuries....again

Any teams Defense will be able to cover us with either man or zone, it doesn't matter. They are going to creep towards the line all season long...get used to the phrase "8 men in the box"

If we had a healthy OL, T.Jones in the backfield and Berrian to compliment Hester, we would be in a much better situation. That team with all that I just mentioned, is a 8-8 to 10-6 team.

I would love to see us get Davis( RB ) out of Clemson, or Parker (wr) out of Fstate, but we have so many holes to fill next year, that it is going to to take 2-3 years of good draft choices and FA sighings to fix this offense.......

Just in time for Defense to start getting old. I wish there was a way for us to get Davis, Parker, and Stafford all at once.......lol

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 08-18-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34

Just in time for Defense to start getting old.
Hammer, meet nail. And there's the rub.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #46
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Hammer, meet nail. And there's the rub.
I swear, sometimes its rougher being a Bears fan than a Cubs fan

When we do get a solid team put together, I swear it always feels like a 1 and done scenario. How come we can never maintain a long run like the Pack. Cowboys, Niners, Steelers etc...etc. Even the 85 team, which should have at least won 2 SBowls, under-achieved after that SB win.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 08-18-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #47
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19

While I'm not saying the lack of hope is totally unwarranted I'd say at least wait till the 1st regular season game is played until the season is called a complete loss. Preseason games don't mean too much at all wither it's 4-0 or 0-4. If the team is a total loss there needs to be changes made in the front office, Angelo reach's too much and doesn't have a eye for offensive talent, as for Lovie I think he's a good coach but the coordinators around him leave something to be desired. If Chicago does tank it this season and get's the top pick as long as they don't draft Tebow they'll be alright.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 27

I agree with all you guys about how bad the offense will be. But I don't understand about the backing of Grossman. I'm not saying Orton is going to make the Pro-Bowl, I'm just saying we already know Rex ain't good.

I do know Kyle will protect the football more which might not put as much pressure on the D.

Either way, yes, this team is 5-11 or maybe 6-10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »