Home

Failed Blitz: The Official Baltimore Ravens Thread

This is a discussion on Failed Blitz: The Official Baltimore Ravens Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Failed Blitz: The Official 2008 Baltimore Ravens Thread

Alright man it's Wednesday. We are four days away. It's not often I get to see the Ravens two weeks in a row, but I get them again this week since the Titans games are the televised CBS games here in Nashville. I must say I'm concerned about the pass protection.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

That's going to be a concern all year. I'm actually pretty happy with how they've looked so far in a new offense that has A LOT more movement, and the first year with out big JO. Mostly, I'm pretty impressed with Flacco's pocket presence. It clearly needs more work but after the likes of Boller and even McNair, Flacco seems to already be a step up.

I think last game would've been a huge win b/c of the division but this game will be more telling in where the team really is this year. It sucks that Willis will be out but whatever. We need another WR to step up.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Bahh two weeks in a row against top defenses we hung in there but just didn't have the will to close. Flacco was up and down this week. There was some really good. He completed 12 passes in a row against a top ranked D. But then he also made some rookie mistakes, throwing across his body back into the field of play and just not knowing when to quit on a play. Also, we still had no plays down the field on offense. We need a game breaker at WR. Mason pretty much dominates the short and intermediate area, but we have no deep threat/game breaker. One of the biggest differences right now with Matt Ryan and Flacco is Ryan has someone that is playing big, down the field in Roddy White. Flacco has nobody playing big down the field.

Lastly, Rex Ryan I think messed up by not adjusting to the TE delay and release by Bo Scaife. Messed us up. Secondly, there are times where I suppose it is ok to drop Ngata into coverage, but Rex is doing this too much. On Scaife's longest catch and run, Ngata was in coverage and just could not track him down. Don't like that. Lastly, the penalty's were huge, 11 penalty's for 91 yards.

Last edited by LBzrule; 10-05-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

The penalties were enormous. That one on Suggs was BS but overall that's just too many... I don't even think that counts the ones that cancelled each other out, does it? The Titans were losing their composure big time but the Ravens couldn't capitalize.

Just like last week, I was happy with how they played overall. New coach, new offense, new QB, new line... you can see each part "get it" a little more each week, but just can't put it all together. Those were two BAD ints by Flacco but was more of trying to do too much than just being clueless I think. I got a feeling this is what we can expect for the rest of the year. A bunch of really good games but not being able to finish. I hope I'm wrong but I got a feeling at the end of the year, the record will be a lot worse than the way they played overall. Next year looks promising though.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Ehhh terrible game plan today on both sides it looked like. Can't believe Rex didn't adjust with Ivy on Wayne in the slot. Terrible. Couldn't run on the freaking Colts D.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Manning just destroyed the defense really. Not having Rolle AND Washington really hurt. But he picked on CMac too. Manning > Ravens D yesterday.

The more concerning thing was that the Ravens couldn't get the running game going. I won't give the Colts D all the credit for that (especially without Bob Sanders). I can't figure out what the problem was but that was pathetic. Flacco was put in a bad situation b/c of those two things above but he also just looked every bit the rookie he is.

Bad game all around for the Ravens... even Figurs getting lit up returning kicks.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

What do you guys think of the new offense?

If they can keep working Troy Smith in like they did today, it could really open things up. He even ran the option. I liked Flacco's hands on that catch but more importantly, Smith is a QB, not a RB... so the passing game can be wide open out of that set. Ray Rice looked damn good today too.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

I like it. Our version of A-11. I would like to see more wrinkles without Flacco running down the field LOL. It was a great play but I don't want the franchise QB doing that too much. Willis is out of shape and needs to get back in shape. Ray Rice looks sharp.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »