Home

True Blue: Indianapolis Colts Official Team Thread

This is a discussion on True Blue: Indianapolis Colts Official Team Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #41
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: True Blue: Indianapolis Colts Official Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...tract-proposal

Can Colts faithful please explain to me why the organization feels the need to make Manning the highest paid player in the NFL, again? Hasn't Manning made more than enough money with his contract and countless endorsements to not have to sign such a steep contract, especially at the age of 35?

I understand, Manning IS the franchise and is the main reason the Colts are in playoff contention year in and year out, and that he is invaluable to the organization. But after seeing the team come up short time and time again, wouldn't management see fit to give Manning an above fair contract in order to provide him with more talent? Seems that a couple million extra under the cap could facilitate some quality players, thus also making the team not so dependent on one player?
Because as soon as Manning is gone then the Colts fanbase will shrink back to the size it once was. Which was me, my brothers, my father, and about 2-3 thousand locals and that's about it. I wouldn't give Manning half that amount, but a lot of the Colts fanbase is fair weather fans that will justify anything for Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #42
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Do you guys think Collins was the first option for Indy. I mean I think Kurt Werner is a bit more of a QB that could come in and do what Peyton did over a guy like Collins.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Do you guys think Collins was the first option for Indy. I mean I think Kurt Werner is a bit more of a QB that could come in and do what Peyton did over a guy like Collins.
Warner almost retired in the middle of the year (after Boldin got his bell rung), lol. There's no way he'd even think of coming back. Collins isn't as bad as he's made out to be though, and is probably the closest to being in football shape mentally and physically. The only better option I could think of would be Carson Palmer, but he's technically still a Bengal.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #44
Rookie

TomBo24's Arena

OVR: 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Anyone think that Caldwell will continue to be our coach after the season is over?
Old 11-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #45
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBo24
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Anyone think that Caldwell will continue to be our coach after the season is over?
I highly, highly doubt it. Before I would have been upset if he got canned but now, I'm just upset at the organization as well as the coaching staff. I feel like we got horribly exposed this year and it's embarrassing smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
My fervent hope is that Jim’s job is not in jeopardy because my fervent hope is that we don’t go 0-16. We’re doing everything we can to try and avoid that.
And there is Bill Polian's response in his weekly interview with Colts.com after being asked if he would fire Caldwell if the Colts go 0-16. That to me sounds like they're hoping to retain Caldwell. Can't say I'm surprised. Although I find it ridiculous that 1-15 would apparently keep his job, and 0-16 wouldn't.

Personally, the entire team needs to be blown up. It was a great run, but I'm afraid it is over. And what better way to start over than with Andrew Luck? I love Peyton, but he's not the only one getting old. Wayne and Clark will be 33 next year. Freeney and Mathis will be 32 and 31. Brackett as well. Saturday is pretty much on the brink of retirement. The only young key player we have is Bethea.

And I don't think it is possible that Peyton and Luck can be on the same team. You can't develop Luck. He's ready to play right now, not 4 years from now. Either commit to rebuilding with Luck, or trade the pick and get some talent you can win with right now. I vote for the former. As much as I would love to see Peyton win another ring in a Colts uniform, I don't like our chances and I would rather see the Colts be a contender for another 10+ years.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-18-2011, 02:52 AM   #47
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBo24
Name a coach that went 0-16 and kept his job. Yeah he was in the Super Bowl 2 years ago, but there is no excuse if you lose one player and lose every single game.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #48
Just started!

bigtxambition's Arena

OVR: 21

As an Andrew Luck supporter, the choice here at #1 is draft Luck. He's clearly the square peg you need for your franchise. He's ready now to replace the obvious soon retired Peyton Manning and allow him to flourish into another good QB like Cam Newton did this season. Luck is the easy choice here. No doubt in my mind. With your #33 pick go and draft someone to protect his valuable hide like the Falcons did when they drafted Matt Ryan. Its a no-brainer there. Saturday is 36 a FA and might retire too. Draft his possible replacement.

Last edited by bigtxambition; 01-10-2012 at 04:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »