Home

2008 Atlanta Falcons Thread

This is a discussion on 2008 Atlanta Falcons Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #9
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: 2008 Atlanta Falcons Thread

Life long Falcon fan here. I've been to every home game this year, except for the first pre-season game against the Colts. Will be attending a few more before the season is over.

I knew after catching several training camp sessions, and the scrimmage at Mill Creek High that this was a different Falcons team. They're starting to prove it now, and with a big win over Carolina this weekend will get even more attention from the media. The Falcons have done what good teams should do. Beat the Lions and Chiefs, and beat them soundly.

I'm really excited to see what Matt Ryan can do on the road against Carolina. He actually impressed me in Tampa, even though he started off rough. He never showed any signs of giving up, and really turned things around in the 2nd half. Ofcourse this year is going to have it's ups and downs. But I think in the long run it pays off for us.

We're now set at QB, RB, FB, and WR. We've got a good young offensive line coming along, just need a few additions to go along with Justin Blaylock and rookie Sam Baker. On the defensive side, John Abraham is really excelling in Van Gorder's defensive scheme. We've got Boley, and Lofton at LB. I think we'll draft Brookings replacement this year. Our secondary is playing much better than expected. Even though we lost MeAngelo Hall, I still think overall we're going to be better this year.

My expectations this year were relatively low going into the season. I was thinking 6-10 at best. I'm now saying we could go 8-8 possibly with the injuries and defensive struggles of the Saints.

I'm going to end my first post by saying it's good to have a Falcons thread here at OS. I'm an active member over at the Falcons official message boards. I'll continue to contribute to this thread in the near future.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
All Star

Holic's Arena

Morten Anderson: "It was like a morgue"

Quote:
Listening to Mayhem In the AM on 790, and Morten Andersen's on there, and he was just talking about the mess of a season last year. He just said that after he signed last year, when he walked into the locker room, he said, "It was like a morgue."

He shared this anecdote:
"I try to keep things light. I was like, 'Fire me.' My thing was how do we win games? It was obvious we weren't going to win, so I was trying to figure out how to get through these things, and around halloween I put on this monster mask while I had my uniform on, just before a game, and I ran up to him and said, 'I'm ready, Coach!' He was like, "What - why are you wearing that? What are you doing with that thing on?' "He was socially inept. You couldn't have a conversation with the guy."

"[Petrino] was never in the locker room. You had to make an appointment with his secretary in order to meet him."

"I still have my laminated note. I was thinking about putting it on eBay."

So count Mort among the non Petrino fans.
This is about 2 weeks old now. Just goes to show you what kind of coach we had last year. What a piece of **** Petrino is, can't believe I ever liked that guy. Coach Smith has really turned the locker room around.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #11
All Star

Holic's Arena

Week 1 Highlights courtesy of AtlantaFalcons.com

Week 2 Highlights courtesy of AtlantaFalcons.com

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #12
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

OVR: 4

Petrino was a piece of **** who left with 2 games still remaining. The interim coach won one of those games and won 25% of games he coached, while petrino won 3/12. Petrino was a bitch and he can go die.

“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
Old 09-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
All Star

Holic's Arena

He actually left the team with 3 games left and a record of 3-10.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
He actually left the team with 3 games left and a record of 3-10.
Oh woops. I believe that if he finished the season, he may have been fired.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Falcons are 3-2...who would have ever thunk it. If they finish above .500 this year, I will sh!@ a brick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #16
Rookie

kujoking7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
Falcons are 3-2...who would have ever thunk it. If they finish above .500 this year, I will sh!@ a brick.
If they do that, I'll $h!t out a football and if they make it to the playoffs, I'll $h!t a whole chicken

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »