Home

2009 Chicago Bears Den

This is a discussion on 2009 Chicago Bears Den within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #17
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2009 Chicago Bears Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Not as foolish as that statement.

You've just said that it doesn't matter who you draft at WR. IT's the system? Really? You're sticking with that?

Yeah, tell Detroit that.
Yeah anybody the bears draft to play WR will not live up to there potential given their current system.

Alot of Calvins big plays last year came in garbage time. Put Calvin on the Pats and he would score 20 TD's.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Yeah anybody the bears draft to play WR will not live up to there potential given their current system.

Alot of Calvins big plays last year came in garbage time. Put Calvin on the Pats and he would score 20 TD's.
But stats don't tell ability. Would Jerry Rice not be great if he played on different team than the Niners back in the day?

Systems bloat numbers, but not ability.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
But stats don't tell ability. Would Jerry Rice not be great if he played on different team than the Niners back in the day?

Systems bloat numbers, but not ability.
Thats my point! Put Jerry Rice on the Tampa Bay Bucs during the 80's and he might not even be a pro bowler. The answer to the bears problems is not drafting a playmaker. Its overhauling the system and expectations of the team. Only then will offenses playmakers matter.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:25 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 27

You guys are actually agreeing with each other while arguing.

BTW, I still say we take DHB.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Thats my point! Put Jerry Rice on the Tampa Bay Bucs during the 80's and he might not even be a pro bowler. The answer to the bears problems is not drafting a playmaker. Its overhauling the system and expectations of the team. Only then will offenses playmakers matter.

C'mon man, dude was a pro bowler at age 40! 40!

On the Raiders, 92 catches, 1200 yards...at 40.

When you're great, you're great. Walter Payton showed he was great for years on some Bear teams that make our current one look like a contender.

I judge players by the eye test. 40 times are neat, stats are too. But you can see it when guys have that "It" factor. I don't see it in Bey. I see a workout warrior, with not a lot of upside. A guy like that will perish here.

I even like Nicks better.

I'd take Bey in the 2nd round, but he'll be gone by then obviously. Teams are usually seduced by workouts. Notice how you rarely see teams like the Patriots or Steelers take guys like that though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM   #22
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Wrong.

They'll both be better than him.

I'd frankly take any of the three, but you're right Angelo won't.

I think they're going OT again. Which is also a need. BUt at this point, we're rebuilding.
They should have started rebuilding last year.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #23
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

Quote:
C'mon man, dude was a pro bowler at age 40! 40!

On the Raiders, 92 catches, 1200 yards...at 40.

When you're great, you're great. Walter Payton showed he was great for years on some Bear teams that make our current one look like a contender.

I judge players by the eye test. 40 times are neat, stats are too. But you can see it when guys have that "It" factor. I don't see it in Bey. I see a workout warrior, with not a lot of upside. A guy like that will perish here.

I even like Nicks better.

I'd take Bey in the 2nd round, but he'll be gone by then obviously. Teams are usually seduced by workouts. Notice how you rarely see teams like the Patriots or Steelers take guys like that though.
I hate the idea of drafting a player like Nicks who wasn't even the top rated WR on his team before his breakout bowl game. Bey will be a Top 20 pick based off his combine imo.

If I was the bears I make a play for Tory Holt on a 1-2 year deal which wouldnt cost you much at all and work on improving my pass rush and safety play in the draft.

Thats if I was trying to win this year. If the plan is rebuilding then that idea is out the window.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #24
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

I'd like to introduce to you the newest member of the Chicago Bears. Josh Bullock:

Looks like it's going to be a long season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »