Home

Official Green Bay Packers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Green Bay Packers Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 05:38 PM   #2881
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official Green Bay Packers Thread

Mr. Rodgers made the rounds with Radio today and had a few things to say in regards to the moves we made and was also not happy with McCarthy letting Van Pelt walk as his QB Coach.

He was also asked about how far he thinks we are from a SB and he said not far but also said we need to get back to playing “Championship level Defense”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #2882
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers wants to take the same path as Tom Brady, still flinging footballs and chasing championships at age 40.

He knows he might have to leave Green Bay to do that.
The 34-year-old acknowledged Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press that he may have to play for another team like Brett Favre did at the end of his Hall-of-Fame career.
Rodgers said he doesn't think Favre ever fathomed leaving Green Bay before the Packers dealt him in 2008 to the Jets to make room for Rodgers. Favre finished his career in Minnesota.
"I think you have to be humble enough to realize if it could happen to Brett, it can happen to you," Rodgers said.

Rodgers also said in an interview with ESPN Radio on Thursday that he was caught off-guard when the Packers chose not to retain his position coach, Alex Van Pelt, last month.
The notion that Rodgers, who has two years left on his contract, could also leave Green Bay before retirement like Favre did is sure to send shivers through Wisconsin.
Sort of like Anthony Barr did when he drove the two-time MVP into the turf in October, fracturing Rodgers' right collarbone and ultimately extinguishing the Packers' eight-year playoff run.
Rodgers said the injury was actually harder on his psyche than his shoulder.
"The physical pain was significant. Having a displaced fracture, it's not easy, especially being a side sleeper. I had to sleep on my back for months. It's tough. Any side sleeper can appreciate that," Rodgers said. "But mentally, it's tougher, just kind of being there every day to be the kind of leader I want to be."
He knows exactly what he’s doing with his comments.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:59 AM   #2883

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

If this turns into Aaron Rodgers vs the Front Office/Coaching Staff, I know who everyone will support.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #2884
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

We'll see:

Packers president Mark Murphy on new GM Brian Gutekunst's approach to free agency: "I do get the sense that we're going to certainly explore and look at things that maybe we haven't in the past. Whether we end up doing a lot more, I think time will tell on that." We'll hear from Gutekunst at the NFL combine later today.

Daniels has publicly stated we need a veteran CB and he likes Talib. Also, Daniels said Pettine was a cultural change for the good.

More from the new GM:

"We'd like to be really aggressive and be in every conversation," but he added that doesn't necessarily mean they will sign every player they talk to.

Brian Gutekunst said he would like to get Aaron Rodgers' contract extension done "sooner rather than later" and hopes it gets done this offseason.

"We have some really good players and we don't want to let them walk out the door." Gutekunst when asked about Nelson, Cobb and Matthews' contract situations.

Last edited by roadman; 02-28-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #2885
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

CB and D-Line Depth are my main priorities this offseason. We need a TE but I’m not too crazy about this year’s class so I wouldn’t be against addressing that in the Draft unless they acquire one via Trade.

I know we’re meeting with Mo Wilkerson from the Jets and that would be a solid pickup to add him to that group.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 11:18 AM   #2886

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

If Sherman does leave Seattle, anyone think Packers should try getting him?
Old 03-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #2887
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

We acquired Kizer in the Randall trade.

Cya Hundley, I guess?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #2888
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Not a fan of this trade so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »