Home

Official Green Bay Packers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Green Bay Packers Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #33
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official 2009-10 Green Bay Packers Thread

Tyson Jackson is actually my sleeper pick that we could take first. My personal choice would be Maybin though.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #34
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I wouldn't be disappointed with Maybin. I would be with Everett Brown though. I think the other defensive players are better.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #35
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Which round is the first round T.T. trades down at?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

i'll say the 3rd round. Unless he can pull another deal that nets us a few 2nd round picks.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
No Maybin?
I think making a DE shift to OLB is too big of a bust risk for #9. Sometimes it works out, but it doesn't a lot of times.

I think there are way too many good OLB prospects in rounds 2-4 to spend the #9 on an OLB. However there is a real lack of quality and quanity at the 3-4 DE and NT position this year.

Tyson Jackson screams 5-tech, 3-4 DE and he'll likely only be highly sought after by teams who run the 3-4. I'd love for us to take him or Raji (who could also rotate in the 3-4 End or NT)

And don't expect Jackson to be a sleeper. A lotttt of people who report on the front office say Green Bay really, really likes Jackson. However Kansas City reportedly does too, and they could even take him since they're going to a 3-4 and Curry might not work out too well in the scheme. (he'd definitely be an ILB)
Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #38
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Interesting to hear a lot of GB FO like Jackson.

I thought the alleged failed drug test would scare them away from Raji but I guess it's not an issue to TT.

For some reason I hope we don't take Jenkins for the fact that I think we can get at one more year out of Woodson and Harris and I really like what Tramon Williams has shown us when he's had the opportunities.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #39
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

I hope Woodson and Harris can stay healthy all year. There is plenty of talk of Jenkins playing safety at the next level as well. Williams did look good. Hopefully Lee will delelope some as well. There is talk of Jenkins playing safety at the next level as well.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, Jenkins is likely too slow to play pro CB. I think he'll definitely be used as a safety mostly.

But I think our signing of Anthony Smith is a pretty good indicator we won't take Jenkins in the first. I could see us finding another safety in rounds 3-7.

Smith is best at SS, but he can play both FS and SS. Plus we have Rouse who has shown a few flashes of stardom, but nothing solid yet.

As fast as O and D-linemen go in the first round every year, and as big as our needs are at those positions, I don't see how we don't take one of the big bodies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »