Home

Official Green Bay Packers Thread

This is a discussion on Official Green Bay Packers Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Official 2009-10 Green Bay Packers Thread

Glad to know we got some other Cheeseheads on here as well. :-))

Good point about the Smith signing and I agree. Seeing how we have Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Smith and even Woodson playing Safety, I can't see us taking Jenkins either.

I do know that OT is not really a position we can afford to be lax on, like we have in the past. I think what will happen is we probably bring Tauscher back on a one year deal, keep Clifton around for one more year and then go with Wells at C(although I heard he and Spitz may battle it out for that spot)Colledge at LG and either Spitz or Allen Barbre at the other Guard spot.

Anybody know anything about the Nick Collins thing? Is he holding out from OTAs or is he training on his own this year? Either way I just hope hd doesn't follow down the same path Javon Walker went down when he was here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #42
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Anybody know some intersting stats or info on Maybin?
I know he's from Penn State and I haven't heard of much on him before but then again, i haven't been paying a lot of attention to him. I know he had a terrific year this year for them, but has he performed well anyother years? i'm not trying to talk down on this guy, but i really don't know much about him and i'm interested to hear some stuff.

I tend to be a little skeptical of taking a guy whos senior year was his best year and only year worth mentioning. I know he was a senior if i'm not mistaken, and his numbers in the years before don't look too bad. Anybody know an article on him or something I can learn more about the guy lol. He seems like a safe pick and a good 3-4 OLB, IMO. I wouldn't be disappointed with him.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubsfan20
Anybody know some intersting stats or info on Maybin?
I know he's from Penn State and I haven't heard of much on him before but then again, i haven't been paying a lot of attention to him. I know he had a terrific year this year for them, but has he performed well anyother years? i'm not trying to talk down on this guy, but i really don't know much about him and i'm interested to hear some stuff.

I tend to be a little skeptical of taking a guy whos senior year was his best year and only year worth mentioning. I know he was a senior if i'm not mistaken, and his numbers in the years before don't look too bad. Anybody know an article on him or something I can learn more about the guy lol. He seems like a safe pick and a good 3-4 OLB, IMO. I wouldn't be disappointed with him.
This is actually a big problem with him, though you're a little off. He's not a senior. He's coming out as an underclassmen with only one year as a starter at Penn State under his belt. This is what makes him a risky pick. He's a hell of an athlete but he's young and raw. He hasn't been playing very long, makes him hard to scout. He JUST turned 21 years old a few weeks ago.

He was redshirted in 2006, saw a little time in 2007, and then broke loose in 2008. He seems like a real good kid though. I think he's a mid/late-1st round guy. I think he could play 4-3 or 3-4.

Last edited by ShimSham; 04-21-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #44
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSham
This is actually a big problem with him, though you're a little off. He's not a senior. He's coming out as an underclassmen with only one year as a starter at Penn State under his belt. This is what makes him a risky pick. He's a hell of an athlete but he's young and raw. He hasn't been playing very long, makes him hard to scout. He JUST turned 21 years old a few weeks ago.

He was redshirted in 2006, saw a little time in 2007, and then broke loose in 2008. He seems like a real good kid though. I think he's a mid/late-1st round guy. I think he could play 4-3 or 3-4.
I retract my statement saying he's a senior. I knew this was his break-out year and i was thinking he was a senior.
Good to know he's younger. He has great talent from what i've seen, and i'm thinking enough talent to be a top 5 in sacks during the season in the NFL in years to come/

Thank you for the info ShimSham and correcting me. I don't know what i was thinking
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 04-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #45
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Can't believe no one has commented on the draft yet. I am not generally high on trading up, but I do love the players we got. Our front 7 looks good with depth and ability to move people around. We should be able to stop someone this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #46
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Can't believe no one has commented on the draft yet. I am not generally high on trading up, but I do love the players we got. Our front 7 looks good with depth and ability to move people around. We should be able to stop someone this year.
No doubt, I have to give some props to Thompson for passing on Crabtree and drafting Raji which addressed a big need. Im also very impressed that he didn't stop there and somehow managed to move up to draft a solid linebacker in Matthews. I thought he would have traded down or drafted someone who made no sense with our #2 pick so im loving it.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #47
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohlstar20
No doubt, I have to give some props to Thompson for passing on Crabtree and drafting Raji which addressed a big need. Im also very impressed that he didn't stop there and somehow managed to move up to draft a solid linebacker in Matthews. I thought he would have traded down or drafted someone who made no sense at #2 so im loving it.

Likewise. Great 1st pick IMO. Liked getting Matthews as well. Both are needed for the new 3-4 look on defense. Need to get some offensive line help and hopefully a free agent CB.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!

Last edited by Jackdog; 04-25-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'll say I'm VERY impressed with our draft so far.

Raji - Perfect pick at #9. Couldn't be more happy about it. Big position of need. Great value player. Perfect.

Matthews - Bad trade, Great player. Our roster is getting a little too heavy right now though so I can understand us giving up some picks for a highly desired player. I'll admit, I didn't watch a lot of tape on the guy before the draft because I didn't think we'd take him but now that I research him more thoroughly I'm REALLY impressed. Kid is a monster and I'm thrilled to have him on our team.

Can't wait to see what Kevin Greene can do with Kampman, Matthews, Thompson, and Hunter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »