Home

Minnesota Vikings Official Team Thread

This is a discussion on Minnesota Vikings Official Team Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #57
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I've seen Keenan Allen play a couple times. He's a pretty big guy, but he's also pretty quick, and watching his highlight video it looks like he knows how to go up and get the ball. Don't know anything about Williams.
Nice, sounds perfect. With Percy and Rudolph we need that number 1 to compliment them.

Also I actually liked Childs. It's unfortunate he tore both his knees up.

Going to post the 2 players in the off topic thread as well. Trying to get more info.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #58
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Minnesota Vikings Official Team Thread

One thing I don't understand: Why does Joe Webb never see the field??

At least put him on to receive a pitch from Ponder. Run/Pass option. Just something to shake things up and make the defense stop and think for a second.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #59
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
One thing I don't understand: Why does Joe Webb never see the field??

At least put him on to receive a pitch from Ponder. Run/Pass option. Just something to shake things up and make the defense stop and think for a second.
That would require creativity from a coaching staff who has shown very little of that outside of Harvin. I mean Webb was brought in to be a project at WR, but due to lack of QB depth found his way there. I just don't see how the Vikings don't take advantage of his athleticism with the lack of playmakers outside of Peterson.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #60
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
That would require creativity from a coaching staff who has shown very little of that outside of Harvin. I mean Webb was brought in to be a project at WR, but due to lack of QB depth found his way there. I just don't see how the Vikings don't take advantage of his athleticism with the lack of playmakers outside of Peterson.
Even then, where are the screens? I think in all this time I have seen maybe 1 screen to Adrian the last 6-7 games.

Teams:
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #61
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
Even then, where are the screens? I think in all this time I have seen maybe 1 screen to Adrian the last 6-7 games.
Yeah it's been years since I have watched the Vikings and thought "damn this is a well coached team." Or "wow that was an awesome play design."

At this point Peterson is masking so many flaws with this team I'm afraid nothing will end up changing from this year to next.

The last Vikings coach I actually liked was Green. Tice was a terrible coach, Favre bought Childress and extra year and we saw how that worked out, and Frazier has done nothing to show me he should be the coach for the future.
MLB: Chicago Cubs

Last edited by thedudedominick; 12-15-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #62
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Yeah it's been years since I have watched the Vikings and thought "damn this is a well coached team." Or "wow that was an awesome play design."

At this point Peterson is masking so many flaws with this team I'm afraid nothing will end up changing from this year to next.

The last Vikings coach I actually liked was Green. Tice was a terrible coach, Favre bought Childress and extra year and we saw how that worked out, and Frazier has done nothing to show me he should be the coach for the future.
Only thing I liked is when we threw Harvin in as HB a couple of plays and had Adrian lined up as a WR, thats it. Lol. I dont see why its so hard to do what your offense is good at. Adrian should me the focal point of all the offense but even then, lets throw some screens to Adrian and Rudolph when all 9 men are in the box, lets throw Webb out there as WR, HB, etc and throw some trickery in. Do something.

Also if we lose this next game @StL then I say throw Webb out there and see what he does. Wont hurt.

Teams:
Old 12-16-2012, 04:38 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

We are the top team currently in the hunt, and have a real chance of snagging a Wild Card. Nice for a team that was supposed to be bottom of the division and not win more than 6 games.

No matter how the season goes, this young team shocked the nation by their play this year, and gives us hope for the future.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

I looked at the Playoff picture.

The Redskins are tied with us, but the Skins win the tie-breaker. So we need either:

2 wins and at least one Redskins loss
1 win and two Redskins losses.

If we lose the last two games, or if the Redskins win the last two, we will be denied the playoffs this season, after an impressive run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »