Home

official 2010-2011 New England Patriots

This is a discussion on official 2010-2011 New England Patriots within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: official 2010-2011 New England Patriots

I'm the least biased person here. i don't really have a "Team" in the NFL. but this is what the pats need to do over the next 5 years or so if they want to see the superbowl again.

The Pats must select Jermaine Gresham with there first round pick-
The pats need a tight end Gresham is a monster coming of an injured season so he will fall right into the pats hands. has the tools to be a fantastic TE in the NFL

QB of the future - Pat's should select Tim Tebow with there first second round pick

Why select tebow? Well not only is he buddy-buddy with bill belicheck, he will be able to sit behind Tom Brady for a few years. Lets name a notable Left handed QB who held the clipboard for a while... Steve Young. It's frankly a steal for the patriots considering that Belicheck will have a good 4-5 years to groom timmy which situates him to be the starting QB of the pat's at the ripe age of 26

Pat's need to improve their running game through the 2011 draft. The pats recieved a first rounder from the raiders in exchange for richard seymour. The pick will be in the top 10 and who happens to be in next years draft (most likely)? Heisman Trophy winner mark ingram. The team's (projected) to pick before the pats do not need a running back imagine what ingram could do behind a very good pat's o-line.

there is just 3 things im tired of typing

Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
I'm the least biased person here. i don't really have a "Team" in the NFL. but this is what the pats need to do over the next 5 years or so if they want to see the superbowl again.

The Pats must select Jermaine Gresham with there first round pick-
The pats need a tight end Gresham is a monster coming of an injured season so he will fall right into the pats hands. has the tools to be a fantastic TE in the NFL

QB of the future - Pat's should select Tim Tebow with there first second round pick

Why select tebow? Well not only is he buddy-buddy with bill belicheck, he will be able to sit behind Tom Brady for a few years. Lets name a notable Left handed QB who held the clipboard for a while... Steve Young. It's frankly a steal for the patriots considering that Belicheck will have a good 4-5 years to groom timmy which situates him to be the starting QB of the pat's at the ripe age of 26

Pat's need to improve their running game through the 2011 draft. The pats recieved a first rounder from the raiders in exchange for richard seymour. The pick will be in the top 10 and who happens to be in next years draft (most likely)? Heisman Trophy winner mark ingram. The team's (projected) to pick before the pats do not need a running back imagine what ingram could do behind a very good pat's o-line.

there is just 3 things im tired of typing
Not bad and I think NE would be a great fit for Tebow, but the Pats won SBs on their D and they definitely need to work on getting that back up in top 5 or so.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Tebow could fit in New England if he falls that far. There's too much 1st round talk about him, not sure if he'll be around.

Couple guys I can see the Pats taking in the 2nd round:

WR
Golden Tate or Damian Williams

Tate has some big play ability and nice ball skills. Also coming out of the Pats' offense at Notre Dame, so could be an easy transition.

Williams is a very good route runner and I think he'd fit the Pats' offense nicely as well.

TE
Rob Gronkowski

Injured last year, he was a potential #1 pick.

DE
Alex Carrington

Rising up boards the past few months, Carrington is about 300 lbs. and played DE at Arkansas State. Shows the skills of a 3-4 DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Edelman looked awesome in the first preseason game. Really excited about him, Gronkowski and Hernanadez adding a lot of dimensions to the offense.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Anyone want to talk draft?

How about a pass rusher or 3?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #14
MVP

Palo20's Arena

If I make draft predictions, and no one is around to hear (read) them, did they really happen??
Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
If I make draft predictions, and no one is around to hear (read) them, did they really happen??
That phrase is the evil twin to "If you build it they will come"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Mike Reiss from ESPNBoston nailed the Patriots draft needs:

-Pass rusher, preferrably the hybrid that Belichick likes that can stand up in the 3-4 or put his hand down
-A three down defensive lineman
-Offensive line, specifically someone that could play Guard/Center who was tough and physical

Those are the big three for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »