Home

Browns Backers (OS Branch)

This is a discussion on Browns Backers (OS Branch) within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #17
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Browns Backers (OS Branch)

So does all CLE hate Holmgren now?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

What do ya'll think of the Weeden pick?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

This Franchise is dead to me... John Hughes?... Really.

I would rather have the movie director than this fat guy.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled
What do ya'll think of the Weeden pick?
Terrible. Regardless if they stuck with McCoy, neither of these two guys still has a receiving threat. Richardson is a nice piece but what's to stop a team from loading up the box and challenging their subpar WR-corps? Why invest in a QB who will be too old before the roster is allowed to be built in around him? He'll be in his mid 30's before this roster is close to competitive in that division.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Terrible. Regardless if they stuck with McCoy, neither of these two guys still has a receiving threat. Richardson is a nice piece but what's to stop a team from loading up the box and challenging their subpar WR-corps? Why invest in a QB who will be too old before the roster is allowed to be built in around him? He'll be in his mid 30's before this roster is close to competitive in that division.
That's what I was thinking. No upgrade at WR. Colt struggled with no play makers and Weeden will too. It's not like they're a QB away from competing for championships. They should've taken traded down and taken Hill or Quick, heck any WR. Little will be good in a couple of years, but could not catch last season. Browns were #1 in dropped passes last season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #22
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled
That's what I was thinking. No upgrade at WR. Colt struggled with no play makers and Weeden will too. It's not like they're a QB away from competing for championships. They should've taken traded down and taken Hill or Quick, heck any WR. Little will be good in a couple of years, but could not catch last season. Browns were #1 in dropped passes last season.
Colt struggled because his arm limits what he can do, when you have no running threat and your QB isn't capable of going deep you have a very easy offense to shutdown.

We have a running game now with Richardson and a QB who has an arm that allows him to make all the throws.

Richardson alone is going to make our receivers lives much easier due to teams have to respect our ground game, Little showed he can play last year and I think he'll be even better this year (remember he was coming in after not playing for a year last season), Massaquoi had his best season his rookie year when he had a strong armed QB (Derek Anderson) throwing him the ball down field, Cribbs is good if you can get him the ball in space so he can use his play making ability, then we have Norwood who showed he can be a dependable slot guy last year although with his small build he is injury prone.

Now with having a strong armed QB we have two speed guys who could be weapons in Carlton Mitchell who hasn't played much to this point and new 4th round pick Travis Benjamin.

The Browns don't have a great set of wide receivers by any means but I don't think they're as poor as they appeared last season either, like I said we had Hillis acting like a ***** all year and then Hardesty had a really disappointing year, Ogbonnaya was solid but teams don't stack the box to stop Chris Ogbonnaya.

Having a running game and a QB with a stronger arm will open things up in a big way for our WRs, if the FO thought Colt would be capable of leading the team they wouldn't have chosen a QB in the first round. Holmgrem has obviously seen enough of Colt to determine he isn't a starting caliber NFL QB at this point in time, this team has plenty of holes so if he thought Colt was the man for the job no way they pick Weeden there.

I'm not bashing Colt at all, I like him a lot he plays with a ton of heart but he just doesn't have the arm to be a starting NFL QB, I hope we keep him in the backup role because I think he can thrive in that role and if you need him for a few games he can do enough but I don't think he is a starting NFL QB.

*Edit - I'll add this team definitely needs a #1 WR still but I think people will be surprised how much better our receivers look this season compared to last year.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

What do you guys make of this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...eveland-browns

What do you think it means for Weeden?

What do you think of the return to the 34?

This threads been idle for a while...hope there's still some interest in what I believe to be one of the more interesting young teams (very possibly) on the way UP!

Thoughts?
Old 01-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
I preferred Wisenhunt or McDaniels over Chud
Atlanta Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »