Home

The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
I hope they don't lose Butler to the Cards for their DC position. He's the apparent replacement for 'bad word', and would be a huge loss.
Yeah, that would be a pain, even though I think LeBeau is gonna be with us a few more years.

I think the SB showed we really really need some help at corner, and it's not getting better soon. Ike Taylor is a free agent this year, and at his age, he's probably going to be asking more than the Steelers are willing to pay. William Gay is also a FA, but I don't think he's a huge loss, although he did play better this year as the nickel back. And Anthony Madison is also a free agent, and he looked like he had kind of come along as a corner. So that leaves us with Bryant McFadden, who is NOT good, Keenan Lewis, who didn't play a single snap on defense this year, only on special teams and he was inactive for a lot of games, and Crezdon Butler, who looked promising in preseason and I'm sure will make some big strides in the offseason. I would really love to see us go after a good free agent, it would be great to get a guy like Nnamdi Asomugha, but if you don't go after a big free agent, we at least need to try to get Ike back and then draft a corner at some point.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #18
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Well....like has already been mentioned,if the Steelers don't go after a cb in f.a,then I fear it's not going to be a favorable outlook.

I hope like hell that McFadden and Gay are not resigned,I can't remember a time when I've witnessed worse db play in a big game. Both of those guys clearly looked lost out there,it was really a pathetic display by both.

Maybe it's time to get the youngsters up to speed (Butler and Lewis) it can't be any worse than Gay and McFadden. I would love to see the Steelers go after Nnamdi,resign Taylor and get Butler and Lewis up to speed,but I can't see the Steelers spending the money needed to do this,as they traditionally build the team through the draft.

So I guess we'll just have to wait till the draft...hopefully an ol,and top notch db are in the plans...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 12

Nnamdi would be a dream, but with Woodley and Taylor this year, Troy and Timmons coming up for renewals, it's not happening. They could probably go cheaper. I'd even go for Champ given the experience he would bring to tutor the young, and he's a huge upgrade.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
I hope they don't lose Butler to the Cards for their DC position. He's the apparent replacement for 'bad word', and would be a huge loss.
Looks like Arizona chose the Steeler DB coach Horton for DC. Butler stays, for now.

Maybe he can take B Mac with him?

One can hope.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

Too be honest I'd rather see Gay come back that McFadden. Gay is at least a somewhat capable special teamer and nickel back, McFadden is just plain terrible, he's slow AND he plays way off receivers.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

yes Mcfadden is terrible he got exposed during the wildcard game last year vs the Packers and during the superbowl they attacked him until he got hurt. 3 TDs Mcfadden gave up in that Wildcard game.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:53 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

What do you guys say? Want Plax back? I say yes, but only for the right price.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #24
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

I say no. He has to much baggage now and the Rooneys have historically steered clear of sgning players with off-the-field/character issues.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »