Home

Chicago Bears Den

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Den within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
The Bird is the word

Bighoff's Arena

OVR: 19
re: Chicago Bears Den

I think this year will be better then most are predicting. I think this team has the talent to make the playoffs and maybe win the NFC North. The defense is shaky but if the front 7 can stay healthy then the deficits in the secondary can be made up for. I say 9-7 or 10-6.
I've heard this "patience is a virtue" junk all my life. I'm happy to say I have no virtue, no scruples, and no desire to wait too long for anything. In my humble opinion instant gratification takes too long!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't see it. The team still thinks that Omilaye can play and are starting him at RT. Kreutz has been done for years. That line is a sieve and the team will struggle on offense because of it. Cutler will be running for his life with Martz's 9 step drops.

We still can't cover anyone either. This team won't be good for a few years when the house has been cleaned. Too bad we have to go though another year of the same crap.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Not a big Urlacher fan and I think "Moon" Mullens is just another typical McCaskey kiss *** Bears reporter but I enjoyed this interview he did with Urlacher.

http://www.csnchicago.com/08/09/10/M...781&feedID=626

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Looks like I might be the only Bear fan left. Can't say I blame anyone.

I only caught bits of the game last night but I see not much has changed.

1. Cutler still is inaccurate and hit receivers are gonna die having to go up for balls.

2. We still can't tackle. Not surprising since we don't practice it.

3. Chris Harris still has no idea how to play deep zone. Never did the first time he was here, and for some idiotic reason we thought we'd want that again this year. There will be a TON of deep pass plays against us this year.

4. We are utterly confused by blitz's. Our protection is god awful.

It's just a preseason game but absolutely nothing looked different last night.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 7

who blitzes like that in pre-season? seriously.

rivera obviously had his own agenda

people are reading too much into a pre-season game, thats for sure. one thing, martz system is going to get people open. running game looked bad but there was no creativity to any runs anyway. it was all pre-season stuff.

major wright looked good and so did jarron gilbert. aroma should be our #1, he makes plays constantly and knox is improving
Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #14
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Overall, wasn't too impressed with the game. BUT I'm not really looking too much into it since it is the first pre-season game.

Since there are people here who's already touched on the negative aspects of the game, I'll dulge into some positives that I've seen:

- Johnny Knox looks like an NFL quality WR. If he's given a free release, he's going to burn a lot of CB's. That's why I'm wondering how he's going to handle the physical CB's who's going to start jamming him at the line.

- Devin Aromashodu looked great as well. Him and Knox should definitely be the starting WR's on opening day. Maybe the WR's won't be so bad after all.

- Major Wright can actually play. NOW, don't get me wrong, he's no Ed Reed BUT he's at least a decent safety. You have to understand that we haven't had a decent safety since a healthy Mike Brown so we got to take what we can get.

- Julius Peppers does make the line much better. Which is no surprise here. But watching the line, guys like Tommie Harris is starting to play up to his standards again. Not sure if it's because the presence of Peppers BUT Harris does seem like he starting to push the pocket in the middle.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

I agree with most of your positives. Was very happy with Major Wright's play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 42

That wasn't bad for a pre season showing at all.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »