Home

Chicago Bears Den

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears Den within the NFL Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
re: Chicago Bears Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's a lot of ifs... most I wouldn't bet money on (not to mention splitting with MIN, sweeping DET and locks to win games against PHI, NYG, MIA or even CAR and SEA really).
I agree with you thats why i said 10-6 POTENTIAL. and those were just things i could see happening for them this year, not locks by any means
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

We're doomed. 6-10. The good news is that FINALLY the purge can begin. Get 'em all out of here. This should've happened last year, but we know they weren't gonna pay two coaches. The GM can go with him, maybe back to Tampa together.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 7

Doomed? Really? After 2 preseason games?

Well, let's just cancel the season.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

No after 3 years of getting crappier.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #29
Pro

That remains to be seen this season is all I'm saying.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

This is the time to predict what we think will happen. If you feel we'll be 10-6, post it. I see 6 wins at best on that schedule.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #31
Pro

Wouldn't surprise me if they went 10-6, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they went 6-10.

I think the defense will be better than last season on Peppers and Urlacher alone, the safety play will be better with Chris Harris at SS and Major Wright at FS.

I have alot more faith in Martz to put the offense in position to make plays. Turner is pee-wee football compared to him. I think he will be the biggest acquistion to be honest.

''Things are a little clearer offensively for us, assignment-wise, [in terms of] what we need to get done,'' Cutler said. ''Our philosophy -- you could ask anybody on the line -- is after a play has been run, if it has been successful, everybody was in the right spot and did what they were supposed to. Sometimes things were a little gray last year when we had to make some stuff up on the run. Here it's in granite. Here's what you have to do. You have to be here at this time. You've got to do this or do that. If you do that, the play will be successful.''

'Absolutely,'' Cutler said. ''Everybody knows exactly what they're supposed to do on every given play no matter what the defense does or what the front is or the coverage is. Mike does a great job of preparing everybody for whatever look and giving answers, and if he doesn't have an answer for that play, he's not going to call it.''

The difference between Turner's O and Martz's is like night and day. I remember being absolutely blown away hearing how the WR's in Turner's system didn't have any rules for when plays broke down. We already saw the improvement there with Cutler hitting Knox for that easy TD on the broken play last game. Just simple little things like that can make a such a difference.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

I'm not too big to admit that I'm wrong. And I gotta say I'm wrong about 6 wins this year. I'm thinking maybe 4 at this point. Great 'dress rehearsal' tonight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football > NFL Official Team Threads »